Can't drag and drop onto a CDR disk with Sony cd writer

Old June 30th 03, 06:31 PM
Tim Kroesen

Please note the *NEW* Abuse addy for SMH...

Be sure to mention this psychotic has been suspended from Usenet posting
many times; most recently from Giganews. As he may be just
circumventing abuse reports there, please continue to address them to
GIganews also until they state he is no longer a customer for TOS abuse.

;

Old July 1st 03, 05:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

The FAQ is authoritative.

Even when it is "quite dated"?
Even when it has "significant" errors?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Hit&Run)
Subject: Lead in and Lead out
Date: 5/24/02

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

It is quite dated (Win95 and NT) and has significant errors
based on my understanding.

I have not gone into specifics on the errors with Andy
======================

(Did you talk to Andy about the weather, Mikey?)

======================
From: "ned ludd"
Date: 5/28/02

"Mike Richter" (Lying Scum) wrote

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section. It is quite dated
(Win95 and NT) and has significant errors based on my understanding. An
essential omission for this Subject is the role of the leadout/runout in
a reader. A CD-ROM (or audio) drive needs the runout to read the session
at all. That's where about 10 MB go. If you only want to read the disc
in a writer, don't close the session, save the space and find yourself a
fraction of a cent richer.

Not in my experience. An audio disc without a leadout (produced by the
few buffer underruns I've had) will read in ANY player up to the point
where the data ends provided it was burned DAO. Failed data discs burned
DAO will behave similarly, any complete files will be readable in any
reader.
======================
Old July 1st 03, 06:16 PM
smh

From: Mike Richter (Hit&Run)
Date: 5/24/02

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

It is quite dated (Win95 and NT) and has significant errors
based on my understanding.

I have not gone into specifics on the errors with Andy
======================

(Did you talk to Andy about the weather, Mikey?)

..

Note: Hit&Run Mikey knows nothing about OVERBURN ?

..
======================

Old July 3rd 03, 06:33 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

The FAQ is authoritative.

Even when it makes a common mistake?

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

======================
From: Mike Richter (Hit&Run)
Subject: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc with no track titles
Date: 9/16/01

It happens that the FAQ makes a common mistake in that section,
confusing "Enhanced CD" with its predecessor, "CD Extra", but
that error is technical and irrelevant today.
======================

CD-R FAQ's supposed *MISTAKE* is taking CD Extra and Enhanced CD
synonymously when they are different in Mikey's cockamamie definitions:

"CD Extra uses a single session"
"If there are two sessions, it is an 'Enhanced CD'"

Here's what cRoxio itself says about CD Extra and Enhanced CD in the
glossary:

CD Extra
A multisession disc...

Enhanced CD
See CD Extra.

(cRoxio considers Enhanced CD and CD Extra are the same.)