Nero & Alcohol won't burn my cd images anymore...

Old June 25th 03, 11:57 PM
Joe Emenaker

Default Nero & Alcohol won't burn my cd images anymore...

Okay... this is really strange.

For the longest time, I've been able to burn bin/cue and iso files
with Nero.

Lately, this has stopped working. If I try to burn an image,
everything seems to go great except the disc doesn't work when I try
to use it (I put it in the drive and the system thinks that there's no
disc in there... no icon, no autoplay, no explore... nothing.). What's
odd is that I can look at the disc and *see* that something got burned
on it, but no drive can recognize it.

Now, it's either shortly before or shortly after this happened, I also
installed Alcohol 120% and tried to use that to burn some images and I
got the same problem: the program thinks the burn went fine, but the
disc never works.

Strangely, I've found *one* way to make a working burn. Get a load of
this. I load the image into a *virtual* cd-rom on Alcohol 120%. Then,
I use Nero to make a CD-to-CD copy from the virtual disc to my CD
burner. *That* works.

However, other things don't. For example, I tried making a data CD
composed of files from the virtual CD and files from the hard disc...
and that didn't work.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing this?

- Joe