Utility needed to Verify ISO image with burned disc

Old February 18th 10, 04:22 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Penang

Default Utility needed to Verify ISO image with burned disc

Dear Gurus,

I understand that there are some CD-burning softwares which have built-
in verifying routines to verify the burned disc with the ISO image
file.

However, I am looking for a stand-alone utility that can do the same
thing.

Which is, taking an ISO-image file on the hard disk, and verify it
with a CD (or DVD) that is inside a CD/DVD drive.

Is there such a utility available?

All suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you for reading.
Old February 18th 10, 04:39 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
AlleyCat

In article 59f75211-ec65-4555-8625-97cadf4dc320
@k2g2000pro.googlegroups.com, says...
Dear Gurus,

I understand that there are some CD-burning softwares which have built-
in verifying routines to verify the burned disc with the ISO image
file.

However, I am looking for a stand-alone utility that can do the same
thing.

Which is, taking an ISO-image file on the hard disk, and verify it
with a CD (or DVD) that is inside a CD/DVD drive.

Is there such a utility available?

All suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you for reading.

I'm not into installing software that can be done with resident commands
within the OS. There's been a DOS command around for a very long time
called File Compare. If you want to learn about it, I'm sure there are
multitudes of web pages "out there", to visit. If you go to a DOS
prompt, you can type "FC /?", without the quotation marks, and it'll
give you a list of commands and switches, i.e..., /A
You can navigate to where the .iso image is and
type "fc /b ????.iso X:\????.iso" where X = disc drive with iso image on
it. I'm sure there are programs out there that will do it graphically,
but again, I don't like alot of superfluous software on my computer.
Perhaps a portable version might be available. Good luck.

Al
Old February 18th 10, 07:04 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Penang

On Feb 17, 4:39*pm, AlleyCat wrote:
[...]

I thank you for the reply.

I do know about the "FC" command and do use it frequently.

However, FC is only used for comparing FILE to FILE.

What I am looking for is a utility that can compare an ISO image file
(xyz.ISO) to a burned CD/DVD based on the same ISO image file.
Old February 18th 10, 08:21 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Johnw

Penang formulated on Thursday :
Dear Gurus,

I understand that there are some CD-burning softwares which have built-
in verifying routines to verify the burned disc with the ISO image
file.

However, I am looking for a stand-alone utility that can do the same
thing.

Which is, taking an ISO-image file on the hard disk, and verify it
with a CD (or DVD) that is inside a CD/DVD drive.

Is there such a utility available?

All suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you for reading.

Maybe one of these will do what you want.

CDCheck
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-.../CDCheck.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreens...shot-5638.html
http://www.kvipu.com/CDCheck/
http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/
http://www.kehuelga.org/video/dvd/app/CDCheck.zip
CDCheck ONLINE
http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/
Limitations:
30 days trial
Unregistered program continues to function after 30 days but a nag
screen is displayed at startup.

CDmage
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-.../CD-Mage.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreens...shot-1333.html
http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html

ImgBurn
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-.../ImgBurn.shtml
http://www.softpedia.com/progScreens...hot-27810.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ImgBurn
http://www.imgburn.com/
Forum
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?
Guides
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s...&showf orum=4
Adding files to an ISO
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s...owt opic=1779
How to burn an Audio CD from music files using ImgBurn, Supported files
include Ape, Flac, Ogg, MP3, Wav and Wma
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=59
* Verify - Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have
ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data
is correct

Old February 18th 10, 08:56 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps)

However, I am looking for a stand-alone utility that can do the same
thing.
Which is, taking an ISO-image file on the hard disk, and verify it
with a CD (or DVD) that is inside a CD/DVD drive.

If the source is an ISO image (or other image formats), you could use
ImgBurn to burn+verify.

If the source is a set of folders+files, I am using TreeComp.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.32.8
Old February 18th 10, 11:54 AM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Jose[_2_]

On Feb 17, 11:22*pm, Penang wrote:
Dear Gurus,

I understand that there are some CD-burning softwares which have built-
in verifying routines to verify the burned disc with the ISO image
file.

However, I am looking for a stand-alone utility that can do the same
thing.

Which is, taking an ISO-image file on the hard disk, and verify it
with a CD (or DVD) that is inside a CD/DVD drive.

Is there such a utility available?

All suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you for reading.

What does "verify" mean to you?

Do you think the ISO or the CD are somehow going to change over time
or do you want to just verify after burning the ISO to the CD that
they really are the same things?

What ISO burning software are you using now and have you no confidence
in it?

ImgBurn if free and easy:

http://www.imgburn.com/

It will burn your ISO, verify it when it is done and then you can use
it again minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, later just to verify the
ISO and CD still match using the built in Verify function.

If you suspect that and feel a need to verify some ISO and a burned
CD, you may have some other problem. You might want to look at some
other burning software that has all this stuff built in.
Old February 18th 10, 12:32 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
LouB[_2_]

Penang wrote:
Dear Gurus,

I understand that there are some CD-burning softwares which have built-
in verifying routines to verify the burned disc with the ISO image
file.

However, I am looking for a stand-alone utility that can do the same
thing.

Which is, taking an ISO-image file on the hard disk, and verify it
with a CD (or DVD) that is inside a CD/DVD drive.

Is there such a utility available?

All suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you for reading.

It would seem if you did not verify as soon as you made the copy the
hard disk content would have changed - evn just a little.
I do not understand the purpose.
Old February 18th 10, 12:36 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Jose[_2_]

On Feb 18, 7:32*am, LouB wrote:
Penang wrote:
Dear Gurus,

I understand that there are some CD-burning softwares which have built-
in verifying routines to verify the burned disc with the ISO image
file.

However, I am looking for a stand-alone utility that can do the same
thing.

Which is, taking an ISO-image file on the hard disk, and verify it
with a CD (or DVD) that is inside a CD/DVD drive.

Is there such a utility available?

All suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you for reading.

It would seem if you did not verify as soon as you made the copy the
hard disk content would have changed - evn just a little.
I do not understand the purpose.

Me either.

The question seemed to be how to verify an ISO with a burned image
(I'm guessing that means CD).

That question has been answered.

Perhaps a new question is needed.
Old February 18th 10, 02:21 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.cdr
chuckcar[_2_]

LouB wrote in :

Penang wrote:
Dear Gurus,

I understand that there are some CD-burning softwares which have built-
in verifying routines to verify the burned disc with the ISO image
file.

However, I am looking for a stand-alone utility that can do the same
thing.

Which is, taking an ISO-image file on the hard disk, and verify it
with a CD (or DVD) that is inside a CD/DVD drive.

Is there such a utility available?

All suggestions are most welcome !

Thank you for reading.

It would seem if you did not verify as soon as you made the copy the
hard disk content would have changed - evn just a little.
I do not understand the purpose.

The content of the rest of he hard drive is irrelevant. What's important
here is two things: the unexpanded content of the ISO file and whether or
not the CDROM has physical error and/or damage to it's recording surface.
Nothing else other than the age of the plastic would change it otherwise.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )