Trouble making music cds

Old February 7th 09, 06:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Trouble making music cds

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB) crapped:

Tony wrote:

Maybe he's pulling C1 and C2 errors out of his arse.

My Plexwriter PX-810SA does a better job.

How does it handle the correleration, Mikey?
Anyway, were you using the drive before its release?

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB)
Date: 8/5/05

You are assuming a correlation between C1 and C2
errors which is stronger than reality.

I've added a CDSpeed error display for a portion
of a disc known to be bad to the home page on the
CD-R side of my WWW site.

It shows quite a spectacular array of C2 errors
- and no C1s at all.
======================

Mikey, you are The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!
Old February 7th 09, 06:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors

.. -------------------------- ------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

The Other Guy (Mikey S-licker) slurped:

AND it's ALL archived, for anyone that is interested in
the steaming pile of dog excrement that's your life.

Is this one archived?

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors

From: Noik
Date: 8/13/05

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****) crapped:

James Perrett wrote:
'

Are you using the Plextor 1210S to measure errors?
If so then I'm not surprised that you don't see any C1 errors
because it can't report them.

I thought I'd try Mike's advice so I measured a known bad disc in a
Plextor PX712 drive (which supports C1 and C2 error reporting) with
the latest version of CDSpeed (4.01). While CDSpeed appeared to give
the right C2 error information it told me that I had no C1 errors.

This is wrong - if I'm seeing C2 errors then there MUST,
by definition, be C1 errors on the disc - in fact,

every disc will have a few C1 errors.

You are assuming a correlation between C1 and C2 errors
which is stronger than reality.

I've added a CDSpeed error display for a portion of a disc known to be
bad to the home page on the CD-R side of my WWW site. It shows quite a
spectacular array of C2 errors - and no C1s at all.

[Plextor 1210S does not report C1 errors.]
[CD Speed does not support Plextors.]

They are different measures and while they do have a gross
correlation, it is not the sort you are expecting.

I still feel that C1 and C2 errors are substantially different.

I think that a C2 error is a C1 error(s) that couldn't be corrected
with the C1 error correction capabilities. They're not independant,
they're basically the same thing except for which level of error
correction can correct the error. You're using a program that just
doesn't report C1 errors, as indicated by the fact that the "C1 error"
part in your screenshot is greyed out.

Now I know why you can create disks that have no C1 errors.