Trouble making music cds

Old February 4th 09, 12:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
[email protected]

Default Trouble making music cds

I have two standalone players in my home theater setup.
One is a RCA single disk DVD player. The other is a SONY CDP-CE505
five disk (carousel) CD player. I am trying to burn audio disks on my
XP SP2 computer from .MP3 files. The result is that when I burn a
multi-track (.cda files) CD disk, it will always play on the RCA, but
almost never will play on the SONY. Sometimes it will, however.
I am using Taiyo Yuden and Memorex CD-R's. The program CDSPEED shows
identical disk contents.

This is what I have tried. I added a burner drive to my computer so
that now I have a SONY DRU-180A PATA (IDE) DVD burner and a TSST
SH_S203N SATA DVD burner. I used ITUNES to burn two identical CD
Memorex disks at MAX speeds in the two computer drives. Both play
fine on the computer. Both play fine in the RCA player. Neither play
in the SONY player. I reduced the burn speeds for both drives to a
ridiculous 1X and repeated the test. I got the same results. However,
I accidentally left the one that I burned in the SONY burner in the
SONY player with the latter left on, and suddenly after about 5
minutes, the danged disk started playing! To prove I wasn't seeing
things I repeated the test. and after the same delay the disk played
again! I tried the other duplicate disk in the SONY player, and it
would not play, even after many minutes.

The only thing I can think to try is another computer. I don't have
one right now, but maybe I can assemble one. Think that is worth a
try? Anyone?

Duke
Old February 5th 09, 08:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

wrote:

I have two standalone players in my home theater setup.
One is a RCA single disk DVD player. The other is a SONY CDP-CE505
five disk (carousel) CD player. I am trying to burn audio disks on my
XP SP2 computer from .MP3 files. The result is that when I burn a
multi-track (.cda files) CD disk, it will always play on the RCA, but
almost never will play on the SONY. Sometimes it will, however.
I am using Taiyo Yuden and Memorex CD-R's. The program CDSPEED shows
identical disk contents.

What function in CD Speed did you use to determine identical disk
[...]

Your difficulty reminds the problems in burning cds to play in the car
cd players. Specifically your Sony player acts like the car cd player.
The usual advice was experiment with various media brands and burn
speeds. Taiyo Yuden was usually reported without problems (but you said
you tried TY without success). Adding to the problem is there are some
reports of iTunes having burn problems.

My suggetion is stick with TY discs, burn at 24x or 16x and try a
different burn software. The following are all free:

Burn4Free -
http://www.burn4free.com/
CDBurnerXP - http://www.cdburnerxp.se
DeepBurner - http://www.deepburner.com/
Old February 5th 09, 09:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(C1=0)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter spewed:

There is an optimal burn speed for any combination of drive and medium.
For most modern combinations, that lies in the region of 8x-16x.

How did you conclude 8x-16x is the optimal, Mikey? By measuring the
error rates, I presume -- when you don't even know what C1 error is?

Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(C1=0)

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 8/3/04

James Perrett wrote:

Mike Richter crapped:

My standard for any disc I use seriously is that

my test writes give zero errors - C1 and C2.

I'm surprised that you can produce a disc with zero C1 errors

Don't be surprised - just select burner and media appropriately.
I have waiting in the outgoing mail two copies of a master for
pressing. One is on T-Y, the other Mitsui. Both were recorded
at 8x on a Plexwriter 1210s.

Each was tested and found free of C1 and C2 errors.
=========================

The above is an unadulterated white LIE.

There will always be some C1 errors. They say C1 errors are built into
the CD. There is no CD with zero C1 errors.

Mikey, you are The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!

--------------------------------------
Old February 5th 09, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Spamless

On 2009-02-04, wrote:
[...]

Did you burn track at once or disk (session) at once?
Does the sony player have skip protection? If so, turn it off.

That works for me with a sony player I have (though usually the
first track will play).

As far as I can guess,

Burning track at once turns off the laser between tracks.
The in region between tracks you have junk where the laser was
turned off and on. If you rip the file from the CD (many ripping
programmes will rip from the start of one track to the start of
the next including sectors between) you may see junk at the end.

A simple CD player can't stop and backup and doesn't play the
data between tracks. Skip protection players read several sectors
quickly and buffer them. If they don't like it (bad checksums,
bad data) they reread it. If they don't like it they reread ...
Rats.

I generally turn off skip protection which is useful when you
are moving (carrying a player while using it or in a car)
(I have my Sony portable hooked up to an old phongraph).
Old February 6th 09, 01:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

Maybe he's pulling C1 and C2 errors out of his arse.

Mike Richter wrote:

wrote:

This is what I have tried. I added a burner drive to my computer so
that now I have a SONY DRU-180A PATA (IDE) DVD burner and a TSST
SH_S203N SATA DVD burner. I used ITUNES to burn two identical CD
Memorex disks at MAX speeds in the two computer drives. Both play
fine on the computer. Both play fine in the RCA player. Neither play
in the SONY player. I reduced the burn speeds for both drives to a
ridiculous 1X and repeated the test.

There is an optimal burn speed for any combination of drive and medium.
For most modern combinations, that lies in the region of 8x-16x. Try
something in that region for best chance of a good burn which will play
well on most (all?) drives. It may also be worth the effort to try other
media; the most likely to burn well are true Taiyo-Yuden.

Once you find a good combination of speed and medium for your drive,
look for others which may better fit your preferences.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

the realm of understandability

Old February 6th 09, 08:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole?

.. -------------------------- ------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

The Other Guy (Mikey S-licker) slurped:

AND it's ALL archived, for anyone that is interested in
the steaming pile of dog excrement that's your life.

Is this one archived?

Mike Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole?

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

James Perrett wrote:

Do you ever see any C1 errors with CDSpeed on your machines?

I recall having seen C1 errors on earlier versions of CDSpeed,

but I have run tests on several faulty discs on a number of drives
and can find no C1 errors any longer.

Perhaps the program has changed;
perhaps my drives (Plextor and Pioneer) are to blame.

Unfortunately, I'm not running Plextools and therefore have
no further information to offer.

Perhaps the Plextor used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?
Perhaps CDSpeed used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?
Perhaps Plextools used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?

Anyhow, how would you get the C1 errors when you don't even have
a drive reporting the C1 errors?

Perhaps you used to dig the C1 errors out of your asshole, Mikey?
'

Mikey, you are The Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!
Old February 6th 09, 10:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Allen[_2_]

The Other Guy wrote:
On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 02:05:24 -0700, smh wrote:

. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter spewed:

Actually, it's YOU, and ONLY you, that spews, continually.

AND it's ALL archived, for anyone that is interested in
the steaming pile of dog excrement that's your life.

To reply by email, lose the Ks...

Please, put him in your killfile and don't give him the pleasure of
seeing your comments. Everyone who reads this group recognizes him for
the psychopath he his. By repeating any part of his posts you are
playing his game.
Old February 7th 09, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Allen (Mikey S-licker) slurped:

Please, put him in your killfile and don't give him the pleasure of
seeing your comments. Everyone who reads this group recognizes him for
the psychopath he his. By repeating any part of his posts you are
playing his game.

Is that the worst you can come up with?
How about a charge of libel?
No?
Aren't you acknowledging that there is no libel he

Mike Richter's Unadulterated White Lies (error rates)(C1=0)
Old February 7th 09, 07:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

Tony wrote:
Maybe he's pulling C1 and C2 errors out of his arse.

My Plexwriter PX-810SA does a better job.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/