Nero 6 Multisession DVD question

Old July 19th 08, 08:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
DaveJohnson12@nomail.

Default Nero 6 Multisession DVD question

I'm trying to burn a Multisession DVD-R (data disc).

On the Compilation Properties screen - Multisession Tab I clicked on the Start Multisession disc
button. On the Burn tab, the Write Method is grayed out and it says Disc-at-once.

Shouldn't this be set to Track at Once for a Multisession disc or is that only for CDRs?
The burner is an NEC PLDS DVD+RW DH-16A8S (ID:1 HA:2) that came with a Dell PC.

Also the Language Pack with Help files included won't install so Help is not available. It says it
can't find Nero.

I'm using Windows XP SP2. The discs are TY 8x.

Thanks.
Old July 20th 08, 09:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/gqnae

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above )
(is a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels!)
'

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

Also the Language Pack with Help files included won't install
so Help is not available. It says it can't find Nero.

You need Nero 6 language pack:
http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...guage-pack.php
Old July 20th 08, 09:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,alt.comp.freeware,alt.cd-r
smh

Default Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(only dao)

(Cross-posted)

DaveJohnson12 wrote:

I'm trying to burn a Multisession DVD-R (data disc).

On the Compilation Properties screen - Multisession Tab
I clicked on the Start Multisession disc button. On the Burn tab,
the Write Method is grayed out and it says Disc-at-once.

Shouldn't this be set to Track at Once for a Multisession disc or
is that only for CDRs?

That's the way multisession is written on DVD. If you look up the manual
for your burner, the write methods of CD and DVD are different.
Complicating further DVD "-" and "+" write methods are different. For
example, DAO is a write method of DVD "-", but not of DVD "+". Either
DVD format lists TAO as write method. Also, DVD "-" says multi-Border
while DVD "+" says multi-Session.

(DVD_RW multisession discs are different to DVD_R multi-session discs.
RW discs have the lead-out erased (unfinalised) when new data is added
so they remain single session -- but burn sofwares recognize burned
sessions.)

(Win 98/ME can see only the first session of multisession DVD_R.)
'

For laughs:

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dvd multisession)(only dao)

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 6/30/04

The ONLY supported DVD-ROM format
I have seen is DAO. === Only See DAO

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 8/10/04

DVD-ROM is normally and I believe exclusively
written DAO, hence only single-session. === Multi NO
=======================

Wow! No multisession on DVD !!!

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

--------------------------------------

Old July 21st 08, 12:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

smh wrote:
DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

Also the Language Pack with Help files included won't install
so Help is not available. It says it can't find Nero.

You need Nero 6 language pack:
http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-ne...guage-pack.php

Yeah that's the one I tried. It wouldn't install. The computer came with
Roxio CD Creator 10 installed. I uninstalled that before installing Nero.
Now I'm starting to wonder if something left behind by Roxio is causing
the problem. ;-) Thanks.

The error message is No Nero/Nerovision/NeroMIX/NeroMediaPlayer/Nero
... found. Please install one of these demos first.

Make sure you have 6.6.1.15. Uninstall with CleanTool and then
reinstall in the default install directory. If Nero is still not found,
I am outa ideas.

Why it says "demos" I don't know.

Because you don't have Nero installed according to the Help install.
Old July 22nd 08, 12:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

As is Deirdre Straughan.

http://hardware.mcse.ms/message208363.html

DaveJohnson12@nomail. wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:45:15 -0700, smh wrote:

(Cross-posted)

. --------------------------------------

DaveJohnson12 wrote:

I'm trying to burn a Multisession DVD-R (data disc).

On the Compilation Properties screen - Multisession Tab
I clicked on the Start Multisession disc button. On the Burn tab,
the Write Method is grayed out and it says Disc-at-once.

Shouldn't this be set to Track at Once for a Multisession disc or
is that only for CDRs?

That's the way multisession is written on DVD. If you look up the manual
for your burner, the write methods of CD and DVD are different.
Complicating further DVD "-" and "+" write methods are different. For
example, DAO is a write method of DVD "-", but not of DVD "+". Either
DVD format lists TAO as write method. Also, DVD "-" says multi-Border
while DVD "+" says multi-Session.

Interesting. I was not able to locate a manual for my burner probably because
the burner was made for companies like Dell and isn't a retail burner. I'll have to find a source of
information about DVD burning. Thank you.

From: Mike Richter
Date: 6/30/04

From: Mike Richter
Date: 8/10/04

DVD-ROM is normally and I believe exclusively
written DAO, hence only single-session. === Multi NO
=======================

Wow! No multisession on DVD !!!

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions beyond the realm of
understandability

From: Mike Richter
Date: 6/30/04

Old July 30th 08, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Tony wrote:

As is Deirdre Straughan.

Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR (daddy)(i)

Old July 31st 08, 08:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,alt.comp.freeware,alt.cd-r
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (standard)

From: Mike Richter
Date: 8/10/04

DVD-ROM is normally and I believe exclusively
written DAO, hence only single-session. === Multi NO
=======================

Wow! No multisession on DVD !!!

Then again:

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on DVD Multisession (standard)

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****) splattered (10/5/04):

In my limited experience, multisession on ISO 9660 DVD-ROM is
unsupported, poorly supported or inconsistent in both writers
and software.

How the hell do you know that, Mikey?

Have you found the documentation?

Mikey (8/10/04):

"Documentation for this is still sparse or
missing altogether"

Have you found the standard?

Mikey (9/8/04):

"I've not found any standard
for multisession DVD-ROM in ISO 9660 style."

'

--------------------------------------
Old August 1st 08, 03:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,alt.comp.freeware,alt.cd-r
Kram[_3_]

Wow, smh you are one twisted person. I remember seeing your rants
against Mike Richter 13 years ago. What a sad existence.

Old August 1st 08, 02:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,alt.comp.freeware,alt.cd-r
Allen[_2_]

Kram wrote:
snip
Kram, why don't you put psychopaths in your killfile? If for some reason
you can't do that, _please_ don't include their garbage in the replies
you feel you must post.
Allen