Easy CD Creator = frustration

Old May 4th 08, 05:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
AndyHancock

Default Easy CD Creator = frustration

OK, so it's old. Easy CD Creator 5. But, I thought, it's nothing
fancy like a data backup. It is a simple disc-to-disc copy of a
single-track audio CD (albeit filling up the entire CD).

Roxio Easy CD Creator: Coaster

Sony CD Extreme (also a venerable program): Works fine.

Yes, I know, I know, I shouldn't have trusted one of those two, but on
a simple audio disc-to-disc image? (Don't answer, of course -- it's
rhetorical).

/Rant off
Old May 4th 08, 08:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

' --------------------------------------
Roxio is the Firestone of CDR software
--------------------------------------

AndyHancock wrote:

OK, so it's old. Easy CD Creator 5. But, I thought, it's nothing
fancy like a data backup. It is a simple disc-to-disc copy of a
single-track audio CD (albeit filling up the entire CD).

Roxio Easy CD Creator: Coaster

Sony CD Extreme (also a venerable program): Works fine.

Yes, I know, I know, I shouldn't have trusted one of those two, but on
a simple audio disc-to-disc image? (Don't answer, of course -- it's
rhetorical).

/Rant off

What do you expect from a program that's released with critical bugs?

Easy Coaster Creator 5 Released w/ Critical Bugs

======================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio Beta Tester)
Date: 5/15/01

My own recommendation was to withhold release
until all critical bugs were exterminated

=========================
From: Deirdre Straughan (Roxio)
Date: 5/30/01

We try to avoid releasing software with critical bugs
- those which can damage systems and/or data.

But it did not turn up in lab or beta testing
=========================

how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------
Old May 4th 08, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

' --------------------------------------

AndyHancock wrote:

OK, so it's old. Easy CD Creator 5. But, I thought, it's nothing
fancy like a data backup. It is a simple disc-to-disc copy of a
single-track audio CD (albeit filling up the entire CD).

Roxio Easy CD Creator: Coaster

Sony CD Extreme (also a venerable program): Works fine.

Yes, I know, I know, I shouldn't have trusted one of those two, but on
a simple audio disc-to-disc image? (Don't answer, of course -- it's
rhetorical).

/Rant off

At least you got it to install without killing your system:

===============================
From: "Hibbard T. Smith, JR"
Date: 4/11/01
Subject: EZCD 5 and Windows 2K (Very long post, sorry)

Mike Richter (cRoxio ****) spewed:

Okay Mike. Whom do you think I should blame? I had a perfectly
working system which is an indispensable part of my livelihood.
I installed a "new, better" upgraded piece of software which came
highly touted from the manufacturer and it toasted my system.
I then did a lot of research, applied all their recommendations
and it did it again. Then I built an entirely new system from
scratch and tried once more (believing that no vendor would
release something that bad). And, it killed my system again.

So, WHO SHOULD I BLAME?
==============================

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
(Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio?)
Old May 6th 08, 04:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter Spilling Guts? (critical bugs)

From: Mike Richter (Gut Spilling Roxio Beta Tester)
Date: 5/15/01

My own recommendation was to withhold release
until all critical bugs were exterminated
======================

Was Mikey spilling the guts out?

The above Mikey's seeming gut spilling came only *AFTER* the following
(5/4/01) articles:

CD Creator 5 Platinum Tangles With Windows 2000

Stop! Don't install Easy CD Creator 5 til you read this story

Until the above articles Mikey crapped:

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 3/18/01

You have heard three sorts of problem reports:

1) Installation troubles
2) Specific inconveniences and stupidities on a relatively
minor level

3) Speculative and uninformed general complaints, notably
from one troll who acknowledges that it has never run ECDC.

Easy CD Creator 5 Travis King Cdr 3 March 26th 06 05:17 PM
Working theory: MS update KB904706 updates Creator burn engine plug-in,screws up Easy CD Creator 3.5.x CD Guy Cdr 6 January 17th 06 10:06 PM
Easy Cd Creator 6 AAH Cdr 1 October 6th 05 05:33 AM
Easy Cd Creator Basic 5 AAH Cdr 6 May 13th 04 06:06 PM
easy cd and dvd creator 6 grahamk Homebuilt PC's 2 December 29th 03 07:07 AM