burning a .IMG file

Old December 27th 06, 10:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter, Is the Sky Falling?

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Stewart Berman (****wart) moaned:

Congratulations. You are the first person to force me to use a kill
filter in over a decade.

Didn't like this one, ****wart?

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, Is CD-RW Media Homeless?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

Given the poor life of erasable media

Is cd-rw media homeless, Slimeball?
'

How about this one, ****wart?

=================================
Mike Richter, Is the Sky Falling?
=================================

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped (12/24/03):

If it's UltraSpeed, it wants discs in similarly marked
packages - rated 16x and above. If it's High Speed, it wants
discs in similarly marked packages, rated 4x and above.

And the sky is falling Chicken Little, go tell the king

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Friggin SOB) barfed (12/16/03):

Erasable media have proved unreliable. In addition if you have a
HighSpeed drive (rated above 4x), you should not use media rated
for a maximum of 4x of less; they are not HighSpeed. You may get
apparently good results, but the error rate is likely to be high
and reliability will be low.

And the sky is falling Chicken Little, go tell the king

From: Mitch
Date: 11/30/03

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed (11/26/03):

Mitch wrote:

If you have a Rewritable Drive
you can use 1x-4x CD-RW Media

If you have a High Speed Rewritable Drive
you can use 4x-12x CD-RW Media & 1x-4x CD-RW Media

If you have a Ultra Speed Rewritable Drive
you can use 8x-24x CD-RW Media, 4x-12x CD-RW Media
& 1x-4x CD-RW Media

Yes and no. Your drive may or may not write to media of a lesser
type than specified, but the quality of the write is generally
much less than that for the specified type, which is often less
than you'd want to begin with.

I did not say that it would not work,
only that "you're asking for trouble".

======================
From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 4/3/03

Those with max speed of 4x and 2x should be reserved
for non-HighSpeed drives;

they will not work at all in UltraSpeed.
=====================

Double-check your data, though. There may be an UltraSpeed
drive which will write as slowly as 4x, but I don't know of it.

And the sky is falling Chicken Little, go tell the king.

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Mikey, you are the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!
Old December 27th 06, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Default Mike Richter, Is the Sky Not Falling Anymore?

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Stewart Berman (****wart) moaned:

Congratulations. You are the first person to force me to use a kill
filter in over a decade.

Didn't like this one, ****wart?

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, Is CD-RW Media Homeless?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

Given the poor life of erasable media

Is cd-rw media homeless, Slimeball?
'

How about this one, ****wart?

Mike Richter, Is the Sky Not Falling Anymore?

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped (1/28/06):

Some drives will handle the wrong type of disc fairly well, but
best results - such as they are - come from matching them up.

Is it now "best results", that is, the sky is not falling anymore,
Slimeball?

=================================
Mike Richter, Is the Sky Falling?
=================================

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Friggin SOB) spewed (12/24/03):

Old December 28th 06, 10:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (i)

Stewart Berman (****wart) whined:

From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 6/17/02

You are writing non-HS media in an HS drive. In some cases,
you might be able to get something onto the disc, but it
will have high error rate
======================

Mikey must have dug the C1 errors out of asshole:

Mikey Richter, Digging C1 Errors out of Asshole?

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped (8/10/05):

James Perrett wrote:

Do you ever see any C1 errors with CDSpeed on your machines?

I recall having seen C1 errors on earlier versions of CDSpeed,

but I have run tests on several faulty discs on a number of drives
and can find no C1 errors any longer.

Perhaps the program has changed;
perhaps my drives (Plextor and Pioneer) are to blame.

Unfortunately, I'm not running Plextools and therefore have no further
information to offer.

Perhaps the Plextor used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?
Perhaps CDSpeed used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?
Perhaps Plextools used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?

Anyhow, how would you get the C1 errors when you don't even have
a drive reporting the C1 errors?

Perhaps you used to dig the C1 errors out of your asshole, Mikey?
'
-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Old December 28th 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on CD-RW Media (ii)

Stewart Berman (****wart) whimpered:

From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 6/12/02
Subject: High and low speed CDRW - compatibility

Since i have Plex 8432 and i'm intend to buy Liteon 40 x or 48 x
i wonder: I have some 4x speed CDRW's - will i be able to use
(rewrite) them in new drive too or not (with 4x speed, of course)?
I've heard that 4x and 10x CDRW's are quite different.

They use substantially different alloys. You may be able to write
to the non-HS (4x) media at 4x, but the recording will be poor and
reliability will be low.
=======================

Do you suppose the burner makers are too stupid not to have considered
the 'substantial different alloy'?

Do you suppose the Power Calibration Area (PCA) locations on low-speed
and high-speed cd-rw are the same?

Do you suppose the 4x writing strategy for low-speed cd-rw is the same
as that for the high-speed cd-rw?
'
-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****)
Date: 8/21/02
Subject: CDRW won't format disc's

I believe yours is a High Speed drive.
You will want High Speed media in it even at 4x.

It's the alloy, not the speed, which dictates which medium
to use - speed is a side effect.

==========================
From: Camper
Date: 8/23/02

I even write files with INCD on the high speed Liteon
with low speed CDRWs (up to 4 speed).
==========================

Hey, Mikey, perhaps the burner makers are smart enough to have
considered the "alloy"?
'

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

From: Camper
Date: 8/23/02

I even write files with INCD on the high speed Liteon
with low speed CDRWs (up to 4 speed).
==========================

Hey, Mikey, perhaps the burner makers are smart enough to have
considered the "alloy"?

But then again, maybe the burner makers are too dumb to have considered
the "alloy" less than two months later:

======================
From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 10/19/02
Subject: 4x CDRW's in 12x Writer?

About to trade my 4x TEAC for a Mitsumi that does CDRW's at 12x.
Will it still write my 4x media?

Not well if at all.
======================

-------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 10/19/02

About to trade my 4x TEAC for a Mitsumi that does CDRW's at 12x.
Will it still write my 4x media?

Not well if at all.
======================

Then again, maybe the burner makers are smart enough to have considered
the "alloy" all along:

=========================
From: mbg
Date: 10/19/02

I have a Plextor 121032S and it will
write 4X CDRW media fine at 4X.

=========================
From: Harry Avant
Date: 10/19/02

Well I just used a couple of old Memorex 4X CD-RWs
in a new Plex 40/12/40 and had no problems.
=========================

Here comes Mike Richer with the "error rates" crap:

======================
From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 10/20/02

No, it is not intended to be drive-specific and I grant that it's
possible that Plextor has added a capability in some drives to do
better than others.

However, I have tested non-HighSpeed erasables in my 12x HighSpeed
and 8x non-HighSpeed Plextors and find substantially higher
error rates at 4x in the HighSpeed drives.
======================

The above is an unadultered white LIE. There was NO way Mike Richter
could have found "error rates". First, there was NO error rate
measuring software supporting Plextors. Second, even if there was a
software, it could not have found error rates -- because the above
Plextors do NOT report C1 errors.

-------------------------------

From: mbg
Date: 10/19/02

From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 10/20/02

No, it is not intended to be drive-specific and I grant that it's
possible that Plextor has added a capability in some drives to do
better than others.

However, I have tested non-HighSpeed erasables in my 12x HighSpeed
and 8x non-HighSpeed Plextors and find substantially higher
error rates at 4x in the HighSpeed drives.
======================

The above is an unadulterated white LIE. There was NO way Mike Richter

Old January 8th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors

--------------------------------------

From: mbg
Date: 10/19/02

From: Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB)
Date: 10/20/02

No, it is not intended to be drive-specific and I grant that it's
possible that Plextor has added a capability in some drives to do
better than others.

However, I have tested non-HighSpeed erasables in my 12x HighSpeed
and 8x non-HighSpeed Plextors and find substantially higher
error rates at 4x in the HighSpeed drives.
======================

The above is an unadulterated white LIE.

There was NO way Mike Richter could have found "error rates".
First, there was NO error rate measuring software supporting
Plextors. Second, even if there was a software, it could not
have found error rates -- because the above Plextors do NOT
report C1 errors.

You would think Mikey at least knows what the "error rates" (C1/C2
errors) are, given the way Mikey has been throwing around the words for
years?

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on C1/C2 Errors

From: Noik
Date: 8/13/05

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

James Perrett wrote:

if I'm seeing C2 errors then there MUST, by definition,
be C1 errors on the disc - in fact, every disc will
have a few C1 errors.

You are assuming a correlation between C1 and C2 errors
which is stronger than reality.

They are different measures and while they do have a gross
correlation, it is not the sort you are expecting.

I still feel that C1 and C2 errors are substantially different.

I think that a C2 error is a C1 error(s) that couldn't be corrected
with the C1 error correction capabilities. They're not independant,
they're basically the same thing except for which level of error
correction can correct the error. You're using a program that just
doesn't report C1 errors, as indicated by the fact that the "C1 error"
part in your screenshot is greyed out.

Now I know why you can create disks that have no C1 errors.

-------------------------------

From: Noik
Date: 8/13/05

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

(James Perrett)
if I'm seeing C2 errors then there MUST, by definition,
be C1 errors on the disc - in fact, every disc will
have a few C1 errors.

You are assuming a correlation between C1 and C2 errors
which is stronger than reality.

They are different measures and while they do have a gross
correlation, it is not the sort you are expecting.

I still feel that C1 and C2 errors are substantially different.

I think that a C2 error is a C1 error(s) that couldn't be corrected
with the C1 error correction capabilities. They're not independant,
they're basically the same thing except for which level of error
correction can correct the error. You're using a program that just
doesn't report C1 errors, as indicated by the fact that the "C1 error"
part in your screenshot is greyed out.

Now I know why you can create disks that have no C1 errors.

Mikey certainly learned from Noik and James Perrett -- get slimier. The
words "error rates" seem to have disappeared from Mikey's vocabulary,
but the word "zero" still has not.

=====================
From: Noik
Date: 1/5/06

Mike Richter (the Slimiest Lying Friggin ****) crapped:

My recommendation is to *measure* write quality on sample discs
and to use only those lines and speeds with few errors
(my criterion is zero) for critical work.

Are you saying that you get zero C1 errors? I don't think so.

Zero C2 errors isn't much of a standard; I require zero C2 errors
for *anything*, not just "critical" stuff.
=====================

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
Mikey, you are the Slimiest Lying Friggin SOB!
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

best cloning method? [email protected] Storage (alternative) 72 April 1st 06 07:40 PM
Nothing But Coasters dadiOH Cdr 11 February 28th 06 12:48 AM
my dvd burner keeps having problems nullboy Cdr 3 September 9th 05 01:46 AM
Mustek 1200 III EP undetectable in any image program Raymond A. Chamberlin Scanners 18 January 10th 05 08:52 AM
MMC 9.0 "upgrade" Alan Olson Ati Videocards 18 April 27th 04 10:17 PM