Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (UDF)

Old June 13th 06, 11:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,alt.cd-rom

Default Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(xi)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Dixon Butz screamed:

He is a stupid tard. And a troll. Doesn't have a clue about life or cd
recording. He would never admit he is wrong from stuff 6 years ago.
Yes, 6.
GO AWAY SMH!!

For 6 years the slimiest friggin SOB Mike Richter has been blaming the
UDF to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (UDF)(xi)

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB)
Date: 11/27/02

It's a common problem with all packet-writing software.
The format is both fragile and unreliable.
======================

But then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 5/4/06

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

First, your problem is not with UDF
======================
..

Mikey, you are The Slimiest Friggin SOB!

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB)
Date: 12/15/01
Subject: Files Disappeared From CDRW DIsc.......

the fault is not with the software
but with the format and the medium.
======================

But then again:

======================

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 4/27/01

The format is fragile; the fault is not in the software per se.

the overwhelming majority of the complaints about any UDF software
are about the format, but the format is seen through the software
which gets the blame.

UDF is a fragile format

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB)
Date: 5/7/03

You appear to be writing fixed-length packets

Congratulations: you have now discovered for yourself
why few people use that format for anything but test.

The issue is not the software but the format.
=====================

But then again:

======================

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 1/4/05

The faults of DCD are due to limitations of the format,
not to the program which has been solid for quite some time.
======================

But then again:

======================

From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB)
Date: 9/26/01

Packet writing is the same as UDF.

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio ****)
Date: 10/15/01
Subject: File Integrity Errors - DirectCD Bug?

the flaky UDF fixed-length packets
======================

But then again:

======================

Old June 30th 06, 11:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,alt.cd-rom

Default Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Dixon Butz screamed:

He is a stupid tard. And a troll. Doesn't have a clue about life or cd
recording. He would never admit he is wrong from stuff 6 years ago.
Yes, 6.
GO AWAY SMH!!

For 6 years the slimiest friggin SOB Mike Richter has been blaming the
UDF to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF at all
'

'
First, your problem is not with UDF

Isn't this a problem?

(from below)
you should be aware that
fixed-length packets are the most fragile
and least reliable format

Incidentally, are you not contradicting yourself, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB)
Date: 9/26/01

Packet writing is the same as UDF.
======================

your problem is not with UDF
but with writing fixed-length packets.

Is the problem now with *writing* packets, not the packet?

(from below)
fixed-length packets are the most fragile
and least reliable format

Incidentally, packets are written in Mode 1 or Mode 2, the same Mode 1
or Mode 2 used when mastering. Does Mode 1 or Mode 2 write defective
packets (sectors) when packet writing?

'
you should be aware that fixed-length packets are
the most fragile and least reliable format used on CD.

Supposing fixed-length packets are indeed all of those. Is that a
problem?

(from above)
your problem is not with UDF

Or, are you now saying that packet writing is not the same as UDF?

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB)
Date: 9/26/01

Packet writing is the same as UDF.
======================

BTW, a fixed-length packet consists of 32 data sectors bounded by 7
blocks, 4 for run-in, 2 for run-out and 1 link block. What's in this
so-called "format" that makes it the most fragile and least reliable?
..

Old July 7th 06, 08:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,alt.cd-rom
smh

Default Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)(ii)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Dixon Butz screamed:

He is a stupid tard. And a troll. Doesn't have a clue about life or cd
recording. He would never admit he is wrong from stuff 6 years ago.
Yes, 6.
GO AWAY SMH!!

For 6 years the slimiest friggin SOB Mike Richter has been blaming the
UDF to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)(ii)

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB) crapped (5/4/06):

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF at all
.

.
First, your problem is not with UDF

Second, fixed-length packets are
the most fragile and least reliable format

(Did you dig the "format" out of your asshole, Mikey?)

Forgot about the error rate, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 9/21/04
Subject: had it with DirectCD

There is nothing wrong with packet writing itself, rather the
problem has been the poorly designed/implemented, and less
than adequately tested, implementations of ISO/IEC 13346.

The problem in fact lies with the error rate of CD media in general
and the specific problems of erasable media.
======================

Whatever happened to the supposedly most fragile and least reliable
format, Mikey?
..

Old July 11th 06, 01:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,alt.cd-rom
smh

Default Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)(backup)

Dixon Butz dicksinbutts at asshole.com screamed:

He is a stupid tard. And a troll. Doesn't have a clue about life or cd
recording. He would never admit he is wrong from stuff 6 years ago.
Yes, 6.
GO AWAY SMH!!

For 6 years the slimiest friggin SOB Mike Richter has been blaming the
UDF to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)(backup)

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB) crapped (5/4/06):

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF at all
.

.
First, your problem is not with UDF

Second, fixed-length packets are
the most fragile and least reliable format

(Do you dig the "format" out of your asshole, Mikey?)

Why then was the supposedly fragile and [un]reliable packet "format"
good enough for BACKUP, of all things, even when combined with the
supposedly flaky, forgetful, [un]reliable cd-rw media?

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec ****)
Date: 9/1/99
Subject: A note on Take Two

You may back up ...to a DCD-formatted erasable.
=====================

But then again:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimiest Friggin SOB ****)
Date: 7/23/02
Subject: Is UDF worth it??

I would definitely *not* recommend fixed-length packets
for backup.

It is the least reliable and most fragile format available,
regardless of the software you choose to write it.
=====================

Was the format not the most fragile and least reliable on (9/1/99)?
..

Old July 12th 06, 08:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,alt.cd-rom
smh

Default Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)(Lethal)

[...]

Forgot about "flaky", Mikey?

========================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 10/15/01

Combining the flaky UDF fixed-length packets with
the tendency of erasables ... to forget
is LETHAL for archiving.
=========================

But then again:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec ****)
Date: 9/1/99

You may back up ...to a DCD-formatted erasable.
=====================

Was the fixed-length packet format not flaky on (9/1/99)?
Was the cd-rw media not forgetful on (9/1/99)?
..

Old July 20th 06, 05:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,alt.cd-rom
smh

Default Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)(Solid)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Dixon Butz dicksinbutts at asshole.com screamed:

He is a stupid tard. And a troll. Doesn't have a clue about life or cd
recording. He would never admit he is wrong from stuff 6 years ago.
Yes, 6.
GO AWAY SMH!!

For 6 years the slimiest friggin SOB Mike Richter has been blaming the
UDF to weasel out the bugs of DirectCD:

Mike Richter - The Slimiest Friggin SOB (udf)(double-talk)(Solid)

UDF is an unreliable format
UDF is a fragile format

The format is very fragile and unreliable.

There is an inherent problem in UDF,
particularly with fixed-length packets

The faults of fixed-length packets are in the format,
not in the specific software which implements UDF.

But then again:

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin SOB)
Date: 5/4/06
Subject: UDF Has just bit me in the bum

I have used UDF for many years, but yesterday I had my first
corruption. I am now wondering whether to bother with UDF

First, your problem is not with UDF
======================

When did the UDF 1.50 become "solid", Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****)
Date: 4/28/01
Subject: UDF, Packet Writing, and Backups

Eventually, a solid UDF format may be developed
- 1.5 seems to be getting close
======================
..

Mikey, you are The Slimiest Friggin SOB!
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

Plextor Roxio OEM Easy Media Creator 6 & 7 with NEC drive? * * Chas Cdr 1 March 29th 06 06:31 PM
Enhanced Audio CD image Adam Atlas Cdr 3 March 5th 06 03:42 AM
Nero 6 Differential and Incremental BackItUp Neil Cdr 1 March 3rd 06 12:34 AM
Bootable CD John Wallace Cdr 3 January 25th 06 11:51 AM
session fixation error when try to erase using Nero 6 Bun Mui Cdr 1 January 22nd 06 11:17 PM