Reliable DVD Burner

Old September 2nd 05, 11:15 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) squeaked (8/29/05):

error rate begins to rise

Have you seen C1 errors since (8/10/05)?

Mikey, still digging C1 errors out of assholes?

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****) splattered (8/10/05):

James Perrett wrote (8/8/05):

Do you ever see any C1 errors with CDSpeed on your machines?

I recall having seen C1 errors on earlier versions of CDSpeed,

but I have run tests on several faulty discs on a number of drives
and can find no C1 errors any longer.

Perhaps the program has changed;
perhaps my drives (Plextor and Pioneer) are to blame.

Unfortunately, I'm not running Plextools and therefore have no further
information to offer.

Perhaps the Plextor used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?
Perhaps CDSpeed used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?
Perhaps Plextools used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?

Anyhow, how would you get the C1 errors as you insinuated below when you
don't even have a drive reporting the C1 errors?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****)
Date: 7/16/03

Erasable media are forgetful and unreliable at best.
Using the wrong class of medium will produce higher error rates
======================

Perhaps you used to dig the C1 errors out of your assholes, Mikey?
'
-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Mikey, you are the Slimiest Friggin SOB!

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****)
Date: 7/19/03

How can I find the writing speeds of a CD-R or CD-RW?

Modern erasables must have values in the ATIP or they default
to 2x only. Your mastering software will allow you to write at
the permitted speeds of which it is capable.

That is a problem at 4x and if that is the only permitted speed
you are likely to have a HighSpeed drive faced with unspecified
media or vice versa; in that case, the write is possible but will
probably have a high error rate.

======================
(Nice cockamamie mumbo jumbo, Mikey.)

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 6/14/03

As the spiral gets tighter to provide more capacity,
error rates increase rapidly.
======================

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 6/19/03

2x erasable CDs are not HighSpeed; the writer is HighSpeed.
If it writes the discs at all, you can expect them to have
high error rates
======================

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 5/16/03
Subject: Reliability for 700MB cd-r's?

I measure error rate

and have not found a 700-MB blank which matches the best 650s I use,
but have found several lines which are quite good enough for routine
use.
======================

Old September 17th 05, 11:45 AM
smh

James Perrett wrote (8/8/05):

Do you ever see any C1 errors with CDSpeed on your machines?

I recall having seen C1 errors on earlier versions of CDSpeed,

but I have run tests on several faulty discs on a number of drives
and can find no C1 errors any longer.

Perhaps the program has changed;
perhaps my drives (Plextor and Pioneer) are to blame.

Unfortunately, I'm not running Plextools and therefore have no further
information to offer.

Perhaps the Plextor used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?
Perhaps CDSpeed used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?
Perhaps Plextools used to pull the C1 errors out of thin air?

Anyhow, how would you get the C1 errors as you spewed below

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 4/28/03
Subject: writing high capacity cds?

Alex Gregory wrote:

Hi all, hoping someone could help me with a problem I get when
burning high capacity cds on my machine? Nero says that they
record fine, but when I put them in either mine or anyone else's
CD drive they do not work

The CDs are Datawrite 90min CD-r's

Error rates go up sharply as length is increased.

Anything over 650 MB (74 minutes) is beyond redbook spec; anything
beyond 700 MB (80 minutes) is very high risk.

My tests ... suggest that you can get away with those
for non-critical audio, but they are hopeless for data.
======================

You must have dug up the C1 errors out of your assholes:

===================================
From: Alex Gregory
Date: 5/1/03

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****) splattered (4/28/03):

snip yarn on C1 errors dug up from assholes

Yeah, they work fine now, I managed to get them to work if I closed
everything before writing, and set the write speed to 4x, and now
I haven't had any problems yet.
===================================
'
-------------------------------

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****)
Date: 3/15/03

Each time a region of an erasable is erased,
the error rate increases.
======================

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****)
Date: 7/26/02

Jens Fangmeier (author of Feurio) wrote:

Sorry, but this is totally wrong:

a high-speed cd-rw recorder can not handle non-hs media

That is not correct.

A recorder designated "High Speed" on the logo is designed
to take only "High Speed" media when erasables are being used.

Some will record adequately on 1x-4x blanks, but results are
inconsistent, erasure is usually difficult and
error rates are high.
======================

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin ****)
Date: 7/26/02

Jens Fangmeier (author of Feurio) wrote:

Sorry, but this is totally wrong:

a high-speed cd-rw recorder can not handle non-hs media

That is not correct.

A recorder designated "High Speed" on the logo is designed
to take only "High Speed" media when erasables are being used.

Some will record adequately on 1x-4x blanks, but results are
inconsistent, erasure is usually difficult and
error rates are high.
======================

Perhaps you used to dig the C1 errors out of your assholes, Mikey?

--------------------------
Is the Sky Falling, Mikey?
--------------------------

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed (12/24/03):

Most likely, you are using the wrong media.

If it's UltraSpeed, it wants discs in similarly marked
packages - rated 16x and above. If it's High Speed, it wants discs in
similarly marked packages, rated 4x and above.

And the sky is falling Chicken Little, go tell the king

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) barfed (12/16/03):

Erasable media have proved unreliable. In addition if you have a
HighSpeed drive (rated above 4x), you should not use media rated
for a maximum of 4x of less; they are not HighSpeed. You may get
apparently good results, but the error rate is likely to be high
and reliability will be low.

And the sky is falling Chicken Little, go tell the king

From: Mitch
Subject: CD RW problem
Date: 11/30/03

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed (11/26/03):

Mitch wrote:

If you have a Rewritable Drive
you can use 1x-4x CD-RW Media

If you have a High Speed Rewritable Drive
you can use 4x-12x CD-RW Media & 1x-4x CD-RW Media

If you have a Ultra Speed Rewritable Drive
you can use 8x-24x CD-RW Media, 4x-12x CD-RW Media
& 1x-4x CD-RW Media

Yes and no. Your drive may or may not write to media of a lesser
type than specified, but the quality of the write is generally
much less than that for the specified type, which is often less
than you'd want to begin with. I did not say that it would not
work, only that "you're asking for trouble".

Double-check your data, though. There may be an UltraSpeed drive
which will write as slowly as 4x, but I don't know of it.

And the sky is falling Chicken Little, go tell the king.

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!

Mikey, you are the Slimiest Friggin SOB!
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

Presario 5834: CD Burner Questions Dave Compaq Computers 2 January 24th 05 01:58 AM
Burner has demon inside dax Cdr 2 February 16th 04 04:54 AM
BackUp MyPC: How to Slow Down the CD Burner? JamesDad Cdr 5 October 29th 03 04:10 AM
Help!! My Burner Can't Read Any Disks (Blank or Recorded) , Is it Dying On Me. Neemo Cdr 0 July 30th 03 05:57 AM
Help!! My Burner Can't Read Any Disks (Blank or Recorded) , Is it Dying On Me. Neemo Cdr 1 July 29th 03 03:52 PM