How do I format a dvdrw to play in a dvd recorder

Old March 2nd 09, 09:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Bob H[_4_]

Default How do I format a dvdrw to play in a dvd recorder

Sorry if this is the wrong NG to post this.

I have searched google for this, but I'm no where near finding out how
to format a dvdrw disc so as it plays in my dvd recorder.
The recorder doesn't have the facility to format discs, so I thought
nero would be able to do so, no it can't, only erase, but disc is still
not recognised.

Any ideas please?
Thanks
Old March 2nd 09, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Paul Heslop

Bob H wrote:

Sorry if this is the wrong NG to post this.

I have searched google for this, but I'm no where near finding out how
to format a dvdrw disc so as it plays in my dvd recorder.
The recorder doesn't have the facility to format discs, so I thought
nero would be able to do so, no it can't, only erase, but disc is still
not recognised.

Any ideas please?
Thanks

are you sure your recorder doesn't have a format facility? It might
help if you told us the model etc, plus I can point you to some other
groups which deal with DVD, though you might get the answer here.

alt.video.dvdr
alt.video.dvd.tech
rec.video.dvd.tech

--
Paul (We won't die of devotion)
Stop and Look

Old March 3rd 09, 09:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Paul Heslop

Bob H wrote:

The recorder is a Panasonic DMREZ28MR, and I can't see a format facility.
Thanks

Hi Bob, I did a little search and the instructions for formatting are
on page 48 of your manual, or thereabouts. I've copied and pasted them
but obviously things like arrows don't copy properly to text. If you
don't have the manual check out the downloads on panasonic's website
and you will find a manual for your machine

Formatting is the process of making media such as DVDRAM
recordable on recording equipment.
You can record or edit after formatting the finalised DVD-RW.
Important: Once formatted, contents cannot be recovered.
Perform preparation steps – of “Accessing the
Management Menus” (. left).
Press [e, r] to select “Format Disc”, then press [OK].
Press [w] to select “Yes”, then press [OK].
Press [w] to select “Start”, then press [OK].
Formatting starts (RAM may take up
to a maximum of 70 minutes).
A message appears when formatting is finished.
Press [OK] to complete.

Old March 4th 09, 06:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mutley

Bob H wrote:

The recorder is a Panasonic DMREZ28MR, and I can't see a format facility.
Thanks

I have a Panasonic DMR-EH57 DVD recorder. I have found with DVD+R
that if they have been formatted on a PC the Pany will not format
them., not even give you the option and will say that the disk is not
usable or the like.. but if they are new then it will format them
OK..
Old March 4th 09, 10:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Paul Heslop

Mutley wrote:

Bob H wrote:

The recorder is a Panasonic DMREZ28MR, and I can't see a format facility.
Thanks

I have a Panasonic DMR-EH57 DVD recorder. I have found with DVD+R
that if they have been formatted on a PC the Pany will not format
them., not even give you the option and will say that the disk is not
usable or the like.. but if they are new then it will format them
OK..

good point. I don't use the + discs myself so wouldn't have had the
problem. but i think it did happen with an RW I used.

Old March 5th 09, 07:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mutley

Paul Heslop wrote:

Mutley wrote:

Bob H wrote:

The recorder is a Panasonic DMREZ28MR, and I can't see a format facility.
Thanks

I have a Panasonic DMR-EH57 DVD recorder. I have found with DVD+R
that if they have been formatted on a PC the Pany will not format
them., not even give you the option and will say that the disk is not
usable or the like.. but if they are new then it will format them
OK..

good point. I don't use the + discs myself so wouldn't have had the
problem. but i think it did happen with an RW I used.

Actually I made a typo the disks are DVD+RW..