possible to burn to more than one CD simultaneously in a PC (2 minimal, 4 ideal) ? Alternative dedicated systems?

Old May 21st 08, 09:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,rec.music.opera
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on UDF (inherent)'

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on UDF (inherent)

This is Mikey's response to the question why Roxio's DirectCD causes
Win2k system unstable:

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 6/27/01

There is an inherent problem in UDF, === Inherent ?!
particularly with fixed-length packets

It is that the directory information for the disc is held and
modified in RAM between loading the disc and ejecting it.
======================

In the case of the UDF as implemented by DirectCD, the directory is not
held in ram until the disc is ejected -- supposedly the inherent problem
of UDF:

From: DeepOne
Date: 7/9/00

Mike Richter (Acraptec ****) crapped:

snip crap on directory held in ram until eject

I don't believe this is true with the latest versions of
DirectCD (I'm using 2.5d with Win98SE).

I've watched the disc write lights on my Plextor drives when
ejecting a DirectCD CD-RW disc, and the drive never does any
writing at that time.

Once, in an attempt to prove this, I wrote a bunch of files to
a DirectCD CD-RW disc. As soon as the write pulses ceased,

I pressed the computer's RESET button.

After the computer restarted, the CD-RW disc was fine, and

all the files I had just written were fully accessible.
=====================================

======================
From: Mike Richter (Adaptec Beta Tester)
Date: 7/9/00

DeepOne wrote:

You may well be correct; I have not been using fixed-length
packets for some months.

However, if that's the case, then there's a different problem
- scrubbing the directory area. I don't know if/how that's
solved.

Unfortunately, I have no inside track on information from Adaptec,
only what I glean from using the programs. If I get confirmation
of your information (from them or by experimentation), I'll
certainly change my answer.
======================

Note: DirectCD 2.5d was released in 7/99, and Mikey crapped about
the "eject" in 8/99 and 9/99.

'
--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
[Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio?]

From: Mike Richter (Adaptec Beta Tester)
Date: 7/9/00

DeepOne wrote:

You may well be correct; I have not been using fixed-length
packets for some months.

However, if that's the case, then there's a different problem
- scrubbing the directory area. I don't know if/how that's
solved.

Unfortunately, I have no inside track on information from Adaptec,
only what I glean from using the programs. If I get confirmation
of your information (from them or by experimentation), I'll
certainly change my answer.
======================

Not even a month went by from the above:

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 7/26/00

the directory information which is written every time
you change the disc's contents and then eject it.
======================
'

--------------------------------------
Old May 22nd 08, 04:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,rec.music.opera
smh

Default Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on UDF (fragile)

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter spewed (11/7/07):

If you look around hard enough, you can always find "someone"
to say anything.

Like this one, Mikey?

From: Mike Richter (Roxio ****)
Date: 9/28/03
Subject: Invivisible folder/files on DirectCD-formatted CD

When you have just written the data, the directory is in RAM
(which is why the format is fragile).
========================

======================================
From: DeepOne
Date: 7/9/00
Subject: CD-RW Disc broken on DirectCD

Mike Richter crapped:

When you load a fixed-length packet disc, the directory
information is read from the disc and translated in RAM.
When you write to the disc, the data are recorded immediately
but the directory is updated only in RAM.

When you eject the disc, the directory information is
transformed and written back to the disc.

Old May 23rd 08, 10:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware
Eric Gisin

Still ****ting all over the CD groups with your psychotic obsessions, Spammy?

. --------------------------------------

Old May 24th 08, 12:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,comp.publish.cdrom.software,alt.cd-rom,comp.publish.cdrom.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
smh

Eric Gisin (Newsgroup Faggot Punk) squealed:

Still ****ting all over the CD groups with your psychotic obsessions, Spammy?

-------------------------------
Some subject lines from Usenet:
-------------------------------

Eric Gisin Sodomizes Sheep
Eric Gisin, Newsgroup Faggot Punk
Eric Gisin, Aubsiive Newsgroup Cyberpunk

Troll Alert: Eric Gisin
Troll Elimination: Eric Gisin
Let's Stop the Troll Eric Gisin!
Riding USENET of one more troll: Eric Gisin
Eliminate the Troll Eric Gisin for a cleaner newsgroup.
Time to rid the newsgroups of one more usenet punk and troll: ERIC GISIN

Newsgroup Abuser Eric Gisin
Ridding the newsgroup of Gisin
For a cleaner newsgroup, let's get rid of Gisin

..