How does one make use of sub files to make DVD?

Old May 21st 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default How does one make use of sub files to make DVD?

How does one make use of sub files to make DVD?

I assume that adding it to Nero Vision Express 3 or DVD Santa
(which mentions something about it being to be able to do subtitles)
http://www.dvdsanta.com/
with the video file will make it appear after you burn it?

Does one actually need special program to integrate sub titles with the
dvd video?

I never tried it before so could anybody tell me what procedure I
should do in order for the video file made into dvd video can see these
sub-titles. I assume most movies spoken in Mandarin or Cantonese will
be in English if we add those sub files?

Thanks.

Bun Mui

Old May 21st 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Bun Mui wrote:
How does one make use of sub files to make DVD?

I assume that adding it to Nero Vision Express 3 or DVD Santa
(which mentions something about it being to be able to do subtitles)
http://www.dvdsanta.com/
with the video file will make it appear after you burn it?

Does one actually need special program to integrate sub titles with the
dvd video?

I never tried it before so could anybody tell me what procedure I
should do in order for the video file made into dvd video can see these
sub-titles. I assume most movies spoken in Mandarin or Cantonese will
be in English if we add those sub files?

Thanks.

Bun Mui

I suspect that my trouble understanding your English is part of the
problem. If so, I apologize in advance. In particular, the term "sub
files" is unfamiliar, though of course I know titles and subtitles. I
have never created or integrated subtitles, so someone with hands-on
experience is a better source of information.

Authoring DVD-Video requires a 'special' program, one which will at
least introduce titles. Other features of value include cascaded titles,
chapters, and control of behavior at the end of a title.

Subtitles (on-screen summary of spoken/sung text) may be in any one or
several languages including one each of Japanese and Chinese (I do not
know which one of either family is supported). Subtitles can be composed
with a powerful video editor; I believe one can do so in Adobe Premiere
Pro but not with the simpler ones offered by such as Pinnacle. An editor
which supports subtitles will support their integration and selection.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old May 21st 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Bun Mui wrote:

How does one make use of sub files to make DVD?

I assume that adding it to Nero Vision Express 3 or DVD Santa
(which mentions something about it being to be able to do subtitles)
http://www.dvdsanta.com/
with the video file will make it appear after you burn it?

Does one actually need special program to integrate sub titles with the
dvd video?

I never tried it before so could anybody tell me what procedure I
should do in order for the video file made into dvd video can see these
sub-titles. I assume most movies spoken in Mandarin or Cantonese will
be in English if we add those sub files?

Post he
alt.video.dvd.authoring

Ulead DVD Workshop ($249) Tutorials
Adding Subtitles to Your DVD
Language Settings
http://www.ulead.com/learning/dws/dws2_03_1.htm
http://www.ulead.com/learning/dws/dws2_03_2.htm

DVD Subtitle Guide using DVD-lab PRO ($399)
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t219535.html

Doom9's Forum General Subtitles
http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/f-12-p-10.html

Tool feature and user comments list
dvdSanta
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=649

DVD-Lab Pro ($200)
DVD-Lab Studio ($129)
..

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

(No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the following is)
(a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes!!)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (01-06)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (07-02)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (elementary)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (dvd)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (multisession)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (TOC)

Mike Richter (Friggin ****) splattered (7/31/04):

Each time a changed fixed-length packet disc is
removed from the drive, the TOC is written.

No kidding!

This Friggin Freak does not even know what TOC is!!