is there a way to make a working fully burned cd-rom, not working.

Old April 12th 05, 05:13 PM
davar

so it is not possible. thanks for your helps and quick responses.

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Old April 13th 05, 12:56 AM
El Marko

Take it to the local zoo and have an elephant sit on it.
"davar" wrote in message
i want to damage a working full cd-rom damaged via utilities not
physically like breaking or putting into water. when you look to it
you shouldnt understand if it is working or not

Old April 16th 05, 02:04 AM
Jim Nugent

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message

well I just did a search and basically if it's a closed disc the only
suggestions are physical

And if it's a full disk, chances are it's finalized, i.e., closed, since
leaving it "open" takes more room.
--
Jim
"Be right back... Godot"

Old April 16th 05, 04:59 AM
Mike Richter

Jim Nugent wrote:
"Paul Heslop" wrote in message

well I just did a search and basically if it's a closed disc the only
suggestions are physical

And if it's a full disk, chances are it's finalized, i.e., closed, since
leaving it "open" takes more room.

No, it does not. Closing the disc means that the pointer to the next
session is nulled.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old April 16th 05, 10:43 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed:

Jim Nugent wrote:
"Paul Heslop" wrote:

well I just did a search and basically if it's a closed disc
the only suggestions are physical

And if it's a full disk, chances are it's finalized, i.e., closed,
since leaving it "open" takes more room.

No, it does not. Closing the disc means that the pointer to the next
session is nulled.

(Nero):

There is not enough space available to burn this compilation
unless the CD is finalized after burning.

Mikey, you are the Slimiest Friggin SOB!

--------------------------------------
Old April 16th 05, 07:50 PM
smh

Jim Nugent wrote:
And if it's a full disk, chances are it's finalized, i.e., closed,
since leaving it "open" takes more room.

No, it does not. Closing the disc means that the pointer to the next
session is nulled.

(Nero):
There is not enough space available to burn this compilation
unless the CD is finalized after burning.

BTW, is the pointer nulled in the TOC? If so, is that TOC the same as
this TOC you spewed about, Mikey?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 9/21/04
Subject: had it with DirectCD

Howard Kaikow wrote:

There is nothing wrong with packet writing itself, rather
the problem has been the poorly designed/implemented, and
less than adequately tested, implementations of ISO/IEC 13346.

The problem in fact lies with the error rate of CD media in general
and the specific problems of erasable media.

The impact comes in the TOC, which despite the best efforts of the
implementers must at least in part be scrubbed - erased and
rewritten - whenever a file is written or erased.
======================

-------------------------------
Wow! What a slimy friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Old April 27th 05, 01:15 PM
Jim Nugent

"Mike Richter" wrote in message
Jim Nugent wrote:
"Paul Heslop" wrote in message

well I just did a search and basically if it's a closed disc the only
suggestions are physical

And if it's a full disk, chances are it's finalized, i.e., closed, since
leaving it "open" takes more room.

No, it does not. Closing the disc means that the pointer to the next
session is nulled.

ISTR Easy CD Creator telling me I had to finalize a CD because of a space
constraint. I tried to reproduce that condition by creating a project with a
nearly full CD but could not. Is there a similar circumstance that I could
be conflating with this? I had thought at the time it had to do with having
enough space for a run-out and another lead-in (for the next session) or
some such. Anything like this close to reality?

Anyway my most recent experiment show nothing contrary to your statement.
--
Jim
"Be right back... Godot"