Creative uses for CD/DVD coasters?

Old November 30th 04, 08:48 PM
half_pint

"Ablang" wrote in message
Does anyone have any creative uses for CD/DVD coasters that result
from bad burns, or free AOL/Earthlink/PeopleSoft, etc CDs?

I did read that the shiny reflective underside scares any
birds (or pigeons) because they are scared of their own reflections.

What do you do? I hope you don't just throw them in the
garbage.

They make excellent table mats for resting coffee cups on etc..

===
"You're so ambitious, aren't you?...You know what you look
like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a
rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste....Good
nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you're not more than
one generation from poor white trash, are you?"
-- Dr Hannibal Lecter, Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Old November 30th 04, 09:04 PM
me

"half_pint" wrote in message

"Ablang" wrote in message
Does anyone have any creative uses for CD/DVD coasters that result
from bad burns, or free AOL/Earthlink/PeopleSoft, etc CDs?

I did read that the shiny reflective underside scares any
birds (or pigeons) because they are scared of their own reflections.

What do you do? I hope you don't just throw them in the
garbage.

They make excellent table mats for resting coffee cups on etc..

And if you want to make fancy coasters and know how to crochet --

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/DorisM3560/cd_coaster.htm

Inexpensive Christmas gift!

Old November 30th 04, 10:27 PM
Serendipity

me wrote:

"half_pint" wrote in message

"Ablang" wrote in message
. ..

Does anyone have any creative uses for CD/DVD coasters that result
from bad burns, or free AOL/Earthlink/PeopleSoft, etc CDs?

I did read that the shiny reflective underside scares any
birds (or pigeons) because they are scared of their own reflections.

What do you do? I hope you don't just throw them in the
garbage.

They make excellent table mats for resting coffee cups on etc..

And if you want to make fancy coasters and know how to crochet --

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/DorisM3560/cd_coaster.htm

Inexpensive Christmas gift!

I do and thanks for the link!
Old December 1st 04, 08:05 PM
Karen in MN

"Serendipity" wrote in message
me wrote:

"half_pint" wrote in message

"Ablang" wrote in message
. ..

Does anyone have any creative uses for CD/DVD coasters that result
from bad burns, or free AOL/Earthlink/PeopleSoft, etc CDs?

I did read that the shiny reflective underside scares any
birds (or pigeons) because they are scared of their own reflections.

What do you do? I hope you don't just throw them in the
garbage.

They make excellent table mats for resting coffee cups on etc..

And if you want to make fancy coasters and know how to crochet --

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/DorisM3560/cd_coaster.htm

Inexpensive Christmas gift!

I do and thanks for the link!

I tried those, it's pretty cool! There are more at

http://irenecrafts.com/patterns/peppermint_candy.htm
http://irenecrafts.com/patterns/chri...er_coaster.htm
http://irenecrafts.com/patterns/cd_c...e_holidays.htm

One of my crafting buddies once sent me list of "coasters-out-of-CD" links,
so it must be a pretty common use for them.

Old December 2nd 04, 01:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Jesse (Dog ****er) screamed:

smh wrote:

Jesse (Dog Dick Sucker) slurped:

Don't hate me because I suck dog dick, Asshole !
Next time I **** my ****ing dog I'm going to pretend its you Asshole !

Reduced to sucking dog dick because your mother no longer loves you in a
special way any more?

1) Your obcession with animal sex/family sex isn't amusing anymore.

BWAHAA!!! Ashamed of ****ing and Sucking dog dick?
BWAHAHAHAA!!! Doesn't your mother love you in a special way any more?
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!! Have you tried your daughter?

2) You couldn't hold up Mike Richter's jock strap, even with help from your
mutant gorilla mother.
He has forgotten more than you'll ever know, and thats why your so jealous.

Sure, Jesse (Dog ****er):

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) screeched (10/23/04):

I have a Mixed-Mode CD, that I would like to make
a CD-Plus (or Enhanced) instead.

the two sessions of either mode are exclusive

it is possible to write code in Mixed Mode which will
reach forward to the audio session

Wow! What a Friggin SOB!
Mixed Mode is still multisession !!!

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: Why can't i make a mixed-mode CD?
Date: 5/12/01

Mixed Mode is multisession by definition. === MULTI

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 5/17/01

I learned from previous discussion here that
I was in error === SINGLE

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: Audio and Data files on same CD
Date: 1/18/04

A Mixed Mode disc will
not play in a conventional audio CD machine;
in a modern CD-ROM, it will play only the audio === MULTI !!!
======================

----------------------
What a Friggin' SOB!
----------------------

--------------------------------------
Old December 2nd 04, 02:23 AM
smh

smh wrote:

Jesse (Dog Dick Sucker) slurped:

Don't hate me because I suck dog dick, Asshole !
Next time I **** my ****ing dog I'm going to pretend its you Asshole !

Reduced to sucking dog dick because your mother no longer loves you in a
special way any more?

1) Your obcession with animal sex/family sex isn't amusing anymore.

BWAHAA!!! Ashamed of ****ing and Sucking dog dick?
BWAHAHAHAA!!! Doesn't your mother love you in a special way any more?
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA!!! Have you tried your daughter?

2) You couldn't hold up Mike Richter's jock strap, even with help from your
mutant gorilla mother.
He has forgotten more than you'll ever know, and thats why your so jealous.

Sure, Jesse (Dog ****er):

Mike Richter's "masterpiece" on CD Extra (i)

Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB) spewed (3/20/04):

I am making a cdextra disk.

That is a multisession disc

Whatever happened to the specification?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 9/16/01

There is a specification for CD Extra
which defines it as a single session
containing audio tracks followed by a data *track*.
======================

And whatever happened to the definition?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 12/26/01

CD Extra is a defined format for a single session
with audio tracks followed by a data track
======================

-------------------------
What a Slimy Friggin SOB!
-------------------------

--------------------------------------
Old December 2nd 04, 02:25 AM
Serendipity

Karen in MN wrote:

"Serendipity" wrote in message

me wrote:

"half_pint" wrote in message

"Ablang" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Very much thank-yous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Mike Richter (Slimy Friggin SOB)
Date: 9/21/04

Howard Kaikow wrote:

There is nothing wrong with packet writing itself, rather the
problem has been the poorly designed/implemented, and less
than adequately tested, implementations of ISO/IEC 13346.

The problem in fact lies with the error rate of CD media in general
and the specific problems of erasable media.

The impact comes in the TOC,
which must at least in part be scrubbed - erased and rewritten -
whenever a file is written or erased.

--------------------------------
Wow! What a Slimy Friggin SOB!
-------------------------------

Because of the limited number of erase cycles the medium will
tolerate, fixed-length packets are implemented by holding
the TOC in RAM.

Since it is in RAM, it's subject to scrambling with a power
transient or OS crash.
======================

-------------------------
What a Slimy Friggin SOB!
-------------------------

--------------------------------------
Old December 3rd 04, 02:38 AM
half_pint

Karen in MN wrote:

"Serendipity" wrote in message

me wrote:

"half_pint" wrote in message

"Ablang" wrote in message
m...

[...]

If you stick two back to back (shiney side out) they might make quite nice
Xmas decorations (baubles) for a Christmas tree (probably work better on
a big one)
They might work well with Xmas tree lights if you stick a light through the
hole in the middle, maybe they could be cut into star shapes too but I don't
know if it easy to cut them (probably not actually).
Unfortunately I have no coasters to experiment with at the moment ( a rare
occurance).
I am sure some could be made of their light scattering properties though.
If you cut slot to the center you can slide two togeather into a 'ball'
shape.

I am sure they will work well with lights though, maybe use several to
make a nice lamp shade?
Even sticking a house bulb through the (enlarged, probably) hole should
produce some kind of effect.

I just held one up close to a light bulb and you can create some stunningly
vibrant colours if you get the right angle.

When I have half a dozen or so I will try and make some sort of light
shade or light feature!!

Unfortunately my bins have already been emptied so I have none to
experiment with.