Splitting Tracks

Old May 12th 04, 01:04 AM
The Walmsley's

Default Splitting Tracks

Hi

I was wondering if someone could explain in simple terms how to put in gaps
between tracks in a downloaded album.

I have a 60mb album which I have downloaded, which has about 10 tracks.

I have Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum, which offers the track splitting
facility, but I have NO clue how to use it!

Is there a simple method? The downloaded track is an MP3, and I want to
convert it into a normal CD to play in the car, and be able to skip tracks
etc.

Anybody help?

Many thanks in advance.

NW

Old May 12th 04, 01:27 AM
Mike Richter

The Walmsley's wrote:
Hi

I was wondering if someone could explain in simple terms how to put in gaps
between tracks in a downloaded album.

I have a 60mb album which I have downloaded, which has about 10 tracks.

I have Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum, which offers the track splitting
facility, but I have NO clue how to use it!

Is there a simple method? The downloaded track is an MP3, and I want to
convert it into a normal CD to play in the car, and be able to skip tracks
etc.

Anybody help?

Many thanks in advance.

First, recognize that your "60 MB" album will expand for your CD-DA;
depending on the compression used, probably to about 66 minutes.

There are several tools for splitting the tracks. Since you'll have to
expand the MP3s for writing and the intermediate WAVs can be dumped once
you're done, I'd suggest CDWAV (uncrippled shareware, linked from my
site). It will split automatically, but allow you to adjust the splits
thereafter which ECDC will not. You can also adjust splitting parameters
- another plus in practice.

You can then take the separate WAVs into ECDC and burn TAO for the
standard two-second gap between tracks or adjust the gaps as you choose,
then burn DAO.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old May 12th 04, 08:19 AM
The Walmsley's

Great! Thanks very much for that, I'll give it a go...(might be back!)

NIk.

*** Remove S P A M K I L L from my Email Address to reply via Email ***
"Mike Richter" wrote in message
The Walmsley's wrote:
[...]

---

Old May 12th 04, 10:27 AM
The Walmsley's

I'm back!

I'm assuming then, that I'll need to convert the MP3 to a .Wav file? Do you
have a link to program that can do that for me??

Thanks again!

Old May 12th 04, 01:55 PM
Graham Mayor

It will have to be converted at some stage - though most audio software will
handle this on-the-fly. I personally tend to use dbpoweramp to convert to
WAV and then CDWAV to split the file into separate tracks, simply because it
is easier to do it this way than some others. - You can read about the
latter process at http://www.gmayor.com/copy_vinyl_to_CDR.htm

--

Graham Mayor

*** __________________________________________________ ___

Old May 12th 04, 02:07 PM
Mike Looijmans

It will have to be converted at some stage - though most audio software
will
handle this on-the-fly. I personally tend to use dbpoweramp to convert to
WAV and then CDWAV to split the file into separate tracks, simply because

it
is easier to do it this way than some others. - You can read about the
latter process at http://www.gmayor.com/copy_vinyl_to_CDR.htm

I'm working on getting CD Wave to do MP3 and OGG reading on-the-fly as well.
It works for FLAC already, because I can do 'sample exact' seeking on these
files. MP3s are not really seekable, so it has to pre-process the file
(decode and throw away the data) in order to do a sample-accurate search
later using some sort of 'set points' (FLAC already has a seektable built
in).

Until then, there's plenty (free) utilities to do MP3 - WAV decoding...

--
Mike Looijmans
MiLo Softwa http://www.milosoftware.com

Old May 13th 04, 01:10 PM
TSKO

"Mike Looijmans" wrote in message
[...]

BTW...CDWav is a wonderful program...and can u say "free"? Well worth the 5
sec download