Some CDr brands degrade within months article

Old October 20th 03, 06:55 PM
Jim Austin

Hello,

Your posts confirm what I have suspected...all my recording on Fujifilm
CD-R that I made 3 or 4 years ago are no good. I realize now it isn't
my Nero software or the LTR-12101B drive... I've been in denial.

Is there any way to read the damm disks? Are there any brands or types
that will last longer than others?

Thanks.

Old October 20th 03, 08:34 PM
Dan G

The problem with your discs may have more to do with how well they were
burned in the first place than the discs themselves.
What exactly happens when you put one in a drive? What type of disc are
they, who made them?

Old October 21st 03, 05:36 PM
al

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:55:54 -0700, Jim Austin
wrote:

Hello,

Your posts confirm what I have suspected...all my recording on Fujifilm
CD-R that I made 3 or 4 years ago are no good. I realize now it isn't
my Nero software or the LTR-12101B drive... I've been in denial.

Is there any way to read the damm disks? Are there any brands or types
that will last longer than others?

Thanks.

As a matter of interest, does anyone have an idea (a URL would be
appreciated) if someone has done an article or study comparing the
shelf life of CDRs and DVDs (all format)

Thanks.

Old October 21st 03, 08:13 PM
Kenny

Memorex CDRW's I burned files to a few years ago can still be read but not
erased or added to. Some CDR's from a few years ago are totally unusable
though kept in perfect condition.

--

Kenny