CD-R's

Old October 11th 03, 09:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) wrote:

As usual, please see one of the usual references: the CD-R FAQ or the
primer at my WWW site.

Isn't that the site with abundance of half-baked research?

Mike Richter & CD Extra - SAO/TAO ? (Half-Baked Research)

=====================
From: Mike Richter
Subject: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc with
no track titles
Date: 9/15/01

Is there any way to make a CD-Extra disc and get the track
information on it?

If you want to do a true CD Extra, you have to comply with
the rules for CD Extra - which means TAO and no titles.

ECDC and anything else which complies with the standard will
comply with the standard.

I know that's hard to accept, but try - real hard.
=====================

Perhaps, it's Mike Richter who should try - real hard?

http://www.roxio.com/en/common/gloss2.html (link invalid)
http://www.osta.org/technology/cdr.htm#s (same as above)

Session-at-Once is...used for CD Extra.

The above Mikey's statement is the fruit of ITS so-called "research":
=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 5/30/01

After doing the research, I have prepared a page on the combination
modes and posted it in the primer at my site. Though one expert has
reviewed it, I look forward to comments from anyone with experience.
=====================

So much for the Mikey's so-called "research" and
so much for the so-called "expert" who reviewed it.

[ Any chance to reveal the identity of this so-called "expert"? ]

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 11th 03, 06:01 PM
Faxmaster

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:34:45 GMT, "Peter van der Goes"
wrote:

Be very careful when buying Fuji's. I now see a mix of "Made in Japan" and
"Made in Taiwan" on Fuji branded media, with the latter becoming more
prevalent. AFAIK, the "Made in Japan" are still TEE, but you can be sure the
"Made in Taiwan" aren't. Looks like Fuji has gone to a cheaper source.

Fuji is no longer being made by Taiyo Yuden (Japan). I think it's
done by Prodisc now (Taiwan). Anything you see on the shelves is just
remaining stock...buy up while you can.
Old October 11th 03, 09:36 PM
smh

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

As usual, please see one of the usual references: the CD-R FAQ or the
primer at my WWW site.

Isn't that the site with abundance of half-baked research?

Mike Richter & CD Extra (Half-Baked Research)

======================
From: "ned ludd"
Subject: Mike Richter & Enhanced CD
Date: 12/28/01

"Mike Richter" (Slimy Scum) wrote...

...CD Extra is a defined format for a single session
with audio tracks followed by a data track...

Care to share the source of this definition? All definitions I have so
far seen define CD Extra as two session, session 1 Red Book audio,
session 2 Yellow Book CD-ROM XA.
======================

From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 5/30/01

After doing the research, I have prepared a page on the combination
modes and posted it in the primer at my site. Though one expert has
reviewed it, I look forward to comments from anyone with experience.
=====================

So much for the Mikey's so-called "research" and
so much for the so-called "expert" who reviewed it.

[ Any chance to reveal the identity of this so-called "expert"? ]

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old October 12th 03, 02:50 AM
XYZ XYZee

AFAIK, the "Made in Japan" are still TEE, but you can be sure the
"Made in Taiwan" aren't.

What does TEE mean? Thanks.
Old October 12th 03, 02:06 PM
Peter van der Goes

"XYZ XYZee" wrote in message
AFAIK, the "Made in Japan" are still TEE, but you can be sure the
"Made in Taiwan" aren't.

What does TEE mean? Thanks.

My apologies. I meant to type "TY". Actually, I may have clicked the wrong
button on the spell-checker, proving (once again) that there's no such thing
as "idiot proof" :-)

Old October 13th 03, 08:26 PM
Isaac

wrote:

Be very careful when buying Fuji's. I now see a mix of "Made in Japan" and
"Made in Taiwan" on Fuji branded media, with the latter becoming more
prevalent. AFAIK, the "Made in Japan" are still TEE, but you can be sure the
"Made in Taiwan" aren't. Looks like Fuji has gone to a cheaper source.

Fuji is no longer being made by Taiyo Yuden (Japan). I think it's
done by Prodisc now (Taiwan). Anything you see on the shelves is just
remaining stock...buy up while you can.

My experience with Prodisc was very positive a couple of years ago
when a number of other Taiwanese manufacturers were turning out very
shoddy stuff. The quality of even the maligned manufacturers has
seemingly improved since then. The only bad disks I've gotten in the
past 6 months or so has been from Sony, a company that at one time
sourced from Taiyo Yuden, but does not do so any longer.

That said, Fuji's change of manufacturers is not a good thing. If you
want consisent performance of audio disks in your players, you want
disks made consistently of high quality AND of a stable construction.
Fuji's used to meet both criteria. I wonder if they will in the
future.

Isaac