Someone got info about "Allstar" 90min blanks?

Old September 26th 03, 09:38 PM
Dan G

Default Someone got info about "Allstar" 90min blanks?

I've seen one test of MMM done on regular 80min CDR's, they are some of the
worst media I've ever seen, but this was older media..

Link:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread...threadid=75726

"Nikos Chantziaras" wrote in message
Recently, I noticed an unavailability of 800MB/90min CD-Rs in the shops
(this is Greece, pal). The *only* brand I've found is "Allstar", 2x -

48x.
With 75 cents per blank, I can't say it's cheap; quite the oposite. (Euro
cents, but it's almost the same in US dollars these days.)

The question is, how "good" are they? I never heard of that brand before.
This is the ATIP information as reported by Feurio:

ATIP start of lead in:
-02:31:49 (sector: -11374)

ATIP start of lead out:
79:59:74 (sector: 359999)

Manufacturer code:
97 28 26 - Multi Media Masters & Machinary SA (Type: 6)

Reference speed:
-

Minimum recording speed:
-

Maximum recording speed:
-

Unrestriced use:
No

Disc type:
Not Rewriteable

Disc subtype:
Medium Type B, low Beta category (B-)

Target writing power:
6

Power multiplication factor:
-

Target y value:
-

Erase/writer power ratio:
-

Googling for "Allstar" (in any combination with "CD-R", "Blanks", "Media")
didn't provide any hits. Is this brand one of the "cheap" ones? If so,

is
the shop that sells them at 75 cents trying to rip me off?

-- Niko

Old September 29th 03, 12:26 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Dan G wrote:

"Nikos Chantziaras" wrote in message

Recently, I noticed an unavailability of 800MB/90min CD-Rs in the
shops (this is Greece, pal). The *only* brand I've found is
"Allstar", 2x - 48x. With 75 cents per blank, I can't say it's
cheap; quite the oposite. (Euro cents, but it's almost the same in
US dollars these days.)

The question is, how "good" are they? I never heard of that brand
before.

I've seen one test of MMM done on regular 80min CDR's, they are some
of the worst media I've ever seen, but this was older media..

Link:
http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread...threadid=75726

I bought just one blank to test it myself. Conclusion: STAY AWAY FROM THIS BRAND; it's good for nothing.

I tried to overburn 92min of audio on it (in order to test the whole surface). It was able to hold 40 extra seconds. After
position 83:00, the audio skips and clicks like crazy. The funny thing is, that after 87:00, the audio is good again, up to the end
of the disc (90:40). But all in one, the cd-player interpolates almost everywhere on the disc and DAE at 40x is not possible
anymore.

Worthless (75 cents my ass).

-- Niko

Old September 29th 03, 12:50 AM
GigaSurfer

"Nikos Chantziaras" wrote in message
The question is, how "good" are they? I never heard of that brand before.
This is the ATIP information as reported by Feurio:

Manufacturer code:
97 28 26 - Multi Media Masters & Machinary SA (Type: 6)

Without doubt the worst brand I've ever used.
I bought a spindle of 40x 80min CD-R's (branded as New@ction). None of my
high speed burners wanted to burn them faster than 16x but even at that
speed the quality was just plain horrible.
I threw them all away. What a terrible waste.