Roxio EasyWiriteReader and Win98

Old June 22nd 03, 07:21 PM
Howard Kaikow

Default Roxio EasyWiriteReader and Win98

I've posted my query in the Roxio forum for Easy Creator 5.

--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.
"Howard Kaikow" wrote in message
"KCK" wrote in message
Does your version of DirectCD support MRW (Mt. Ranier)?

Yes.

If yes,
did you try to format a disc to MRW, copy some data, and then
read it in your CD-ROM drive? If this worked, it would mean that
somehow DirectCD is not happy with InCD-formatted discs. I know
from other users that it's possible to share MRW discs between
InCD and Drag-to-Disc (which essentially coincides with recent
versions of DirectCD).

Interchange is not an issue.
Each of the 3 boot systems on the PC is independednt of the other, so the
software is not in conflict.
One of the win 2000 systems is using Roxio and I have no problems there.
Problem is only in Win 98, same CD-ROM drive, same CD-RW drive.

In general, once DirectCD is installed, you should be able to
read packet-written discs in your CD-ROM drive without installing
additional readers, such as Roxio's UDF Reader.

Roxio seems to require EasyWrite, as does InCD.

I guess this means
that UDF Reader is installed "silently". Do you have UdfReadr.vxd
in C:\Windows\System\Iosubsys? If yes, which version?

Yes, don't know version, date is 1 August 2002.
Since I've updated to the latest Easy Creator Basic v5.3.5.10, I have to
ASSuME that the UDF reader, etc. is the latest.

Well, it would be best to install the latest version of UDF Reader,
but I could only find v5.1.1.213 at the bottom of this page

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc...pdatesv4.jhtml

Anyway, you should uninstall EasyWriteReader via Add/Remove Programs,
since apparently it won't work due to the usual conflicts between
Ahead's (or rather BHA's) and Roxio's drivers.

There is no conflict, Roxio and Ahead are not installed in the same

bootable
system.

Old June 23rd 03, 03:08 AM
KCK

Since your intial message stated

"I keep getting a message to install EasyWriteReader, but I've
already done that."

I presumed that you were trying to read an InCD MRW disc on your
98 system. Otherwise, my reply didn't make much sense.

So is it true that Roxio is also using the name EasyWriteReader?
http://web2news.com/?alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Old June 23rd 03, 07:05 PM
Howard Kaikow

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS

08/06/1999 20:21 DIR .
08/06/1999 20:21 DIR ..
01/05/2000 16:02 61,440 EL90XBC4.SYS
01/05/2000 16:04 66,799 EL90XBC5.SYS
05/26/1999 14:14 56,832 PPA3.MPD
05/11/1998 20:01 24,406 ESDI_506.PDR
05/11/1998 20:01 25,741 HSFLOP.PDR
12/16/1999 11:27 25,247 Iomega.vxd
05/11/1998 20:01 9,926 NECATAPI.VXD
05/11/1998 04:52 18,944 PC1616.MPD
05/11/1998 05:52 13,312 PC800.MPD
09/10/1999 07:06 22,603 APIX.VXD
05/11/1998 04:52 4,304 Pc2x.mpd
05/11/1998 20:01 13,242 RMM.PDR
05/11/1998 20:01 19,270 SCSI1HLP.VXD
02/17/2000 03:20 260,991 drvwppqt.vxd
05/11/1998 20:01 23,650 SCSIPORT.PDR
02/17/2000 03:20 90,013 drvwcdb.vxd
06/21/2003 13:42 20,043 CDRALVSD.VXD
09/01/1998 11:06 24,064 SPARROW.MPD
05/11/1998 20:01 11,067 TORISAN3.VXD
05/11/1998 20:01 18,491 VOLTRACK.VXD
07/15/1998 10:05 32,768 asc.mpd
08/10/1999 12:18 20,992 clikcard.mpd
02/17/2000 03:20 86,395 drvwq117.vxd
01/13/2000 17:23 47,662 iomusb.mpd
12/16/1999 14:31 5,248 usb_ios.pdr
12/16/1999 14:29 44,680 usbzip.sys
07/08/2002 20:19 4,692 MXOIOSTB.PDR
06/21/2003 13:42 101,616 cdr4vsd.vxd
06/21/2003 13:42 174,307 Cdudfrw.vxd
06/21/2003 13:42 104,508 UdfReadr.vxd
05/24/2002 14:32 40,500 Acbhlpr.vxd
06/21/2003 13:42 137,461 Cdudf.vxd
06/21/2003 13:42 124,411 Cdrpwd.vxd
06/22/2003 00:44 26,322 AUDIOFS.VXD
06/21/2003 13:42 6,765 DrChkVxD.vxd
06/23/2003 14:02 0 x.txt
02/12/2002 18:53 112,153 MRFilter.vxd
08/24/1998 16:32 75,776 AIC78XX.MPD
08/12/1997 04:02 29,295 APIX.BAK
05/11/1998 20:01 11,311 ATAPCHNG.VXD
05/11/1998 20:01 9,952 BIGMEM.DRV
05/11/1998 20:01 59,133 CDFS.VXD
05/11/1998 20:01 13,884 CDTSD.VXD
05/11/1998 20:01 30,371 CDVSD.VXD
02/03/1999 10:02 93,184 D395.mpd
05/11/1998 20:01 18,805 DISKTSD.VXD
05/11/1998 20:01 10,194 DISKVSD.VXD
05/11/1998 20:01 57,642 DRVSPACX.VXD
05/11/1998 20:01 228,223 DRVWPPQT.HKVXD
01/05/2000 16:00 60,928 EL90XBC3.SYS
50 File(s) 2,579,563 bytes

--
http://www.standards.com/; Howard Kaikow's web site.
"KCK" wrote in message
It wouldn't hurt to take a look at your Win98 Iosubsys directory.

Could you run (in an MS-DOS Prompt window):

dir C:\Windows\System\Iosubsys C:\iosubsys.txt

and post the file C:\iosubsys.txt here?
http://web2news.com/?alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Old June 24th 03, 05:53 AM
KCK

Concerning your C:\Windows\System\Iosubsys directory, could you
check the properties for the drivers MXOIOSTB.PDR and MRFilter.vxd
to see which manufacturer they come from?

BTW, since you mentioned MRW troubles only, I presume that you can
read non-MRW discs in your CD-ROM drive under Win98.
http://web2news.com/?alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Old June 24th 03, 06:42 AM
smh

May not be on topic for this thread, but this page may be of interest:

http://www.softarch.com/us/products/cdmrw.html
(Link by Mike Neus)