Burning software that allows control of CD-Text

Old October 31st 09, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ray K

Default Burning software that allows control of CD-Text

I have a large collection of music files that have the following
filename format:

SongTitle*-*Last,*First.mp3, where the * represents a single space.

Examples:

Thriller - Jackson, Michael.mp3
Begin the Beguine - Shaw, Artie.mp3

Each song also has an ID3v2 tag associated with it.

I'm looking for burner software (to make regular cda music CDs, not MP3
CDs) that will allow me to control how the CD text appears. For example,
it would interpret the spaceHYPHENspace sequence as a separator, with
everything before the first space appearing as the Title and everything
after the second space (except the .mp3) as the Artist.

Nero 6 or 8 doesn't do the job. They put it backwards, so I end up with
something like Jackson, Michael*/*Thriller as the CD-text. (Again, the *
is one space.) The problem is when I go to make a label using
AudioLabel, it reads the CD-text exactly as on the CD, so I end up with
the artist before the song title.

Thanks for your comments/leads.

Ray
Old November 1st 09, 12:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

NTI Media Maker 8 will get it right. I was forced to use it after NTI CD &
DVD-Maker Platinum 6 busted.

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

the realm of understandability

Old November 3rd 09, 02:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ray K

Tony wrote:
NTI Media Maker 8 will get it right. I was forced to use it after NTI CD &
DVD-Maker Platinum 6 busted.

I'm concerned about that program. I got the trial version right off the
NTI website. When I looked for a way to uninstall it, I couldn't find
one. No uninstaller when I go to Start/Programs/NTI..., and when I tried
using Control Panel/Add and Remove Software, it wasn't listed.

Ray

Old November 3rd 09, 04:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

I got the retail version but the first time i downloaded one from usenet it was
loaded with spyware. I had to find one on rapidshare to find one without
spyware. The one i'm using has an uninstaller.

Ray K wrote:

Tony wrote:
NTI Media Maker 8 will get it right. I was forced to use it after NTI CD &
DVD-Maker Platinum 6 busted.

I'm concerned about that program. I got the trial version right off the
NTI website. When I looked for a way to uninstall it, I couldn't find
one. No uninstaller when I go to Start/Programs/NTI..., and when I tried
using Control Panel/Add and Remove Software, it wasn't listed.

Ray

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

manners

Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
the job for potty mouth,

realm of understandability

Old November 3rd 09, 02:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ray K

I got one from usenet that contained a virus called MaCatte (it imitates
the McAfee website), and a file called crack.exe. Caused me all sorts of
grief. There was a google redirect virus (which is fixed by
combofix.exe) and a bunch of other problems that I was able to resolve
without having to reformat c:. The only remaining problem is that my
boot times are far too long.

So if the official trial version right from NTI doesn't include an
uninstaller, I'm not using it.

All my mp3 files have ID3v2 tags, which means that the song title and
artist are separate entries. I wonder if any of the CD-text programs
writes based on ID3 entries, rather than filename structure.

Ray

Old November 3rd 09, 02:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

You just use powerdesk by ontrack right click on any song that has a ID3 tag and
click on edit ID3 tag.

Ray K wrote:

Tony wrote:
NTI Media Maker 8 will get it right. I was forced to use it after NTI CD &
DVD-Maker Platinum 6 busted.

I'm concerned about that program. I got the trial version right off the
NTI website. When I looked for a way to uninstall it, I couldn't find
one. No uninstaller when I go to Start/Programs/NTI..., and when I tried
using Control Panel/Add and Remove Software, it wasn't listed.

Ray

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper manners

Old November 5th 09, 04:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ray K

smh wrote:

Check out:

File
Preferences
General
Plugin Lookup
Artist/Title information source

Expected filename format:
TITLEdelimiterARTIST
ARTISTdelimiterTITLE

Experiment with the above. Two known delimiters reported so far are
Apostrophe and " - " (space, hyphen, space).

Which version of Nero are you referring to? I have the Essentials
versions of Nero 6 and Nero 8, which came bundled with my OEM burners.
Old November 5th 09, 04:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Ray K

Tony wrote:
You just use powerdesk by ontrack right click on any song that has a ID3 tag and
click on edit ID3 tag.

Tony,

I can do that to fix each track with my present AudioLabel, but that's
the chore I'm trying to avoid.

Ray

DVD burning software Ole Dell Computers 13 January 19th 07 09:54 AM
Burning text and graphics onto bottom of a CD [email protected] Cdr 4 December 10th 04 06:53 PM
Anyone know of an OCR software that will translate scanned Japanese text into English? schubert Scanners 2 November 28th 04 11:22 PM
Best VCD burning software ? zero Cdr 4 February 22nd 04 01:41 PM
Burning software Matt Fulford Cdr 5 December 11th 03 12:36 AM