Micro-Solutions Backpack cd-rewriter driver

Old October 24th 09, 03:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
angela7

Default Micro-Solutions Backpack cd-rewriter driver

Hi,
I have the Micro-Solutions Backpack cd-rewriter (Model 192100). I
bought a new computer with Windows XP, and I cannot find a driver that
will work on this new system. Currently, when I try to copy files for
backup in "Easy CD Creator", the error indicates that there are no
supported CD-recorders available. Is there a driver that will support
this older model of backpack, or am I doomed to buy a new cd-writer???

Thanks for your help,

Old October 26th 09, 02:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...iverid=1208191

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

proper manners

beyond the realm of understandability

Old October 27th 09, 07:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike S.

In article ,
angela7 wrote:

Hi,
I have the Micro-Solutions Backpack cd-rewriter (Model 192100). I
bought a new computer with Windows XP, and I cannot find a driver that
will work on this new system. Currently, when I try to copy files for
backup in "Easy CD Creator", the error indicates that there are no
supported CD-recorders available. Is there a driver that will support
this older model of backpack, or am I doomed to buy a new cd-writer???

Thanks for your help,

People have been asking for XP mode drivers for older parallel-port models
like this one for years, and I haven't seen any valid leads. The
manufacturer is long gone, so I wouldn't expect to see anything in the
future.

Strangely enough, HP released an XP support disc for their ancient CD7100e
parallel port burner which is even older hardware (it's based on the
Philips CDD-3610 - the very first X2 drive). I don't know if the "Shuttle"
bridge chipset is the same as the Backpack, but it might be worth a try after
setting a system restore point for going back.

Another strategy is to remove the drive from the case and, if your
computer has an empty drive bay and a spare IDE controller plug, simply
use it as an internal drive.

Brand new CD/DVD burners are $25 a pop on eBay, NewEgg, and flea markets.