No icons after bootup

Old May 21st 05, 02:06 AM
Jerry Turba

Default No icons after bootup

About 50% of the time when I bootup Win XP Pro there are no icons on the
desktop and if I click on START the window is black. Sometimes just
logging in and out will bring the icons back, other times I have to reboot.

Ram = 640 MB and not a large number of startup programs (anitvirus, zone
alarm, temp monitor).

The temp is very low because I just fired it up, normaly runs about 50 C.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Jerry

Old May 21st 05, 01:10 PM
Shep©

On Fri, 20 May 2005 18:06:24 -0700 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants Jerry Turba
wrote :

About 50% of the time when I bootup Win XP Pro there are no icons on the
desktop and if I click on START the window is black. Sometimes just
logging in and out will bring the icons back, other times I have to reboot.

Ram = 640 MB and not a large number of startup programs (anitvirus, zone
alarm, temp monitor).

The temp is very low because I just fired it up, normaly runs about 50 C.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Jerry

Re-install/update your video card drivers and or DirectX.That may
help.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply