MS Mouse Replacement

Old February 9th 17, 05:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

Default MS Mouse Replacement

I have a Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KA7PD0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
that is getting a bit iffy at times. It's a beast of a mouse, but I love it-
the way it fits my hand, the easily accessible buttons, etc. I've tried a
few different mice, looking for a decent replacement for it, but have found
nothing that comes close to it for me. Here are a few I've tried:\

Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX (This was the closest, but quit
working less than 3 months after I bought it. Logitech was no help in
fixing/replacing it):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002HWRJBM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anker Ergonomic USB 2.4G Wireless Vertical Mouse (close, but too vertical):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018LR04B8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Logitech M510 Wireless Large Mouse (not really a "large" mouse, or at least
large enough for me):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NR57BY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anker® Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Mouse (very close, but quite large
enough. This is the one I will probably stick with if I can't anything else
closer to the MS):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0TXEEY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My hands aren't all THAT big that everything should feel so small (I wear a
medium glove). I guess it's just the bulk of the 6000 that makes the rest
feel puny. And I did give most of them at least a month of use before going
back to the 6000, so it wasn't just a 10-minute "This mouse sucks" decision.

If anyone has a suggestion for a similar mouse that isn't exorbitantly
priced (I'd like to stay well under US$50 if possible), I would like to hear
your experiences with one.

TIA!!
--

SC Tom

Old February 9th 17, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_36_]

SC Tom wrote:
[...]

I wear a large glove and "I feel your pain". The configuration I've been
using for a few years is to have the mouse on a book (for comfort, I
also put a washcloth under my wrist) . Having to "reach" for it makes
the mouse seem a big bigger. I was willing to pay $100 for the right
mouse, but didn't find one. The cost of this solution is *nada*. Good
luck!

Old February 9th 17, 08:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John McGaw

On 2/9/2017 12:18 PM, Bill wrote:
SC Tom wrote:
[...]

All good reasons why I gave up on mice altogether. Now I use nothing but
Logitech 'thumb' trackballs. Whenever I'm force by circumstances to use a
mouse (especially on a small work surface) or touch pad I'm reminded
immediately how clumsy any mouse is as a pointing device. I guess YMMV as
always but a really good trackball is probably worth a try.
Old February 9th 17, 08:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 2/9/2017 12:18 PM, Bill wrote:
SC Tom wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have used trackballs in the past and really
didn't like them. At work, I was forced into it on a really old server that
had the trackball built into the keyboard. Not a very good set-up at all :-(
Years ago, a friend who really loved them gave me his old Logitech(?) when
he bought a newer one. It had a fairly large ball on it (unlike the keyboard
one), but I never got comfortable with it. One problem I have now is
arthritis pretty bad in my thumbs, and I'm kind of afraid a trackball may
aggravate it.

Thanks again!
--

SC Tom

Old February 10th 17, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GlowingBlueMist[_9_]

On 2/9/2017 1:44 PM, SC Tom wrote:

"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 2/9/2017 12:18 PM, Bill wrote:
SC Tom wrote:
[...]

Might be a typo but give this link a try. Claims to have the mouse you
want for $49.99. If it is a typo still might be worth a try to see if
they catch it before shipping it to you. Might even be worth a couple
of them to cover the future. I don't shorten the URL's I get from
searching, sorry.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Produ...FYk2gQodCYMHyw

Good hunting...
Old February 10th 17, 02:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_36_]

GlowingBlueMist wrote:
Might be a typo but give this link a try. Claims to have the mouse
you want for $49.99. If it is a typo still might be worth a try to
see if they catch it before shipping it to you. Might even be worth a
couple of them to cover the future. I don't shorten the URL's I get
from searching, sorry.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Produ...FYk2gQodCYMHyw

Good hunting...

It looks so much like my Logitech G5, you'd swear they came out of the
same factory!
Old February 10th 17, 02:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

"GlowingBlueMist" wrote in message
news
On 2/9/2017 1:44 PM, SC Tom wrote:

"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 2/9/2017 12:18 PM, Bill wrote:
SC Tom wrote:
[...]

It went up $10 since you posted- now it's $59.99. That's still a good price
for a new one; IIRC, it was ~$75 new when I got mine way back when.

Strange that Newegg Business has it for this price, but Newegg has it for
$499.99+$10.99 shipping! Really? $500 for a mouse?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9SIA7XZ4AK0164

I could see that if it came with its own PC, LOL! "Buy this mouse, and
we'll throw in a PC at no extra charge!" Yeah, right :-(

Thanks for the link! If I can't find anything else, I just might get one or
two :-)
--

SC Tom

Old February 10th 17, 02:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

"Bill" wrote in message
news
GlowingBlueMist wrote:
Might be a typo but give this link a try. Claims to have the mouse you
want for $49.99. If it is a typo still might be worth a try to see if
they catch it before shipping it to you. Might even be worth a couple of
them to cover the future. I don't shorten the URL's I get from
searching, sorry.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Produ...FYk2gQodCYMHyw

Good hunting...

It looks so much like my Logitech G5, you'd swear they came out of the
same factory!

The G5 isn't quite as tall as the 6000, plus it's a wired mouse. My set-up
is terrible for wired mice (home desk that used to be a writing desk).
But, you are right, they are quite similar.
--

SC Tom

Old February 10th 17, 07:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill[_36_]

SC Tom wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
news
GlowingBlueMist wrote:
Might be a typo but give this link a try. Claims to have the mouse
you want for $49.99. If it is a typo still might be worth a try to
see if they catch it before shipping it to you. Might even be worth
a couple of them to cover the future. I don't shorten the URL's I
get from searching, sorry.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Produ...FYk2gQodCYMHyw

Good hunting...

It looks so much like my Logitech G5, you'd swear they came out of
the same factory!

The G5 isn't quite as tall as the 6000, plus it's a wired mouse. snip
But, you are right, they are quite similar.

It occurred to me that the "book configuration" I described earlier
probably accommodates the height difference. Easily-adjustable too.
Hopefully, we will have more mouse choices someday.

Old February 12th 17, 03:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

"Bill" wrote in message
news
SC Tom wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
news
GlowingBlueMist wrote:
Might be a typo but give this link a try. Claims to have the mouse you
want for $49.99. If it is a typo still might be worth a try to see if
they catch it before shipping it to you. Might even be worth a couple
of them to cover the future. I don't shorten the URL's I get from
searching, sorry.

https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Produ...FYk2gQodCYMHyw

Good hunting...

It looks so much like my Logitech G5, you'd swear they came out of the
same factory!

The G5 isn't quite as tall as the 6000, plus it's a wired mouse. snip
But, you are right, they are quite similar.

It occurred to me that the "book configuration" I described earlier
probably accommodates the height difference. Easily-adjustable too.
Hopefully, we will have more mouse choices someday.

I have a book that when I put a smaller mouse on it, it's about the same
height as the 6000. That works pretty well, if I adjust the cursor speed to
where my mouse doesn't move to far to get good cursor range. I don't know if
I could stay with that setup, though.

I went ahead and ordered a new one from Newegg Business. Thought I'd better
grab it before the price went up another $10 :-)
--

SC Tom