OT Interesting Note

Old August 13th 07, 01:02 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Default OT Interesting Note

Hi Met !

"metronid" wrote in message

Hell I still have a copy of Win 311

Hell, I still use my old Etch-A-Sketch laptop ! Even has the original
"operating system" on it.

I almost never have any trouble with it, and when it locks up, I just give
it a shake, and it's good to go some more !

I sure like the old fashioned computers.

bob

Old December 8th 07, 04:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Tony Harding

Hank Arnold (MVP) wrote:
Kevin Childers wrote:
Spoke to one of HPs Road Warriors today. Helped him get set-up for some
sales event on the road and what not. He (an reportedly his
coworkers) are
really happy with their brand new HP laptops. No surprise there, given
every sales guy loves a new toy, but the when I asked about the OS, it
wasn't VISTA. He said all of their new laptops are using XP. Sort of
makes
you wonder. Is it a commentary on the learning curve for the sales
staff,
simplicity and compatibility for the IT staff, or a negative
commentary on
the current state of VISTA?

It's a reflection of the fact that most corporate networks are very
reluctant to migrate to Vista at this time. We just got 10 D520's and
they have XP. You can see on the Dell web site that many/most of the
business offerings have XP as well as Vista.

The bigger the business, the slower they are to upgrade the OSes on
their workstations, e.g., when I retired in 2002 my employer (a NYC
bank) was still running NT 4.0 on their workstations, and that was a
recent upgrade from NT 3.51 (IIRC).
Old December 8th 07, 04:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,alt.sys.pc-clone.micron,alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Tony Harding

S.Lewis wrote:
"Notan" notan@ddressthatcanbespammed wrote in message
Joan F (MI) wrote:
When I retired from the government in January 1998 they were just moving
from DOS to Windows.

snip

The US Government living in the dark?

Please, say it isn't so!