NVIDIA 8400 QUICKEN FLICKER

Old April 26th 08, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Cole

Default NVIDIA 8400 QUICKEN FLICKER

I had some flicker and movement on an HP Computer with Quicken 2008 using
the 8/27/2007 drivers.

I checked and discovered that they had newer drivers that had came out in
December.

Installed the newer drivers and the flicker and movement was ten times as
bad.

No other programs are affected.

Any ideas?

Old April 26th 08, 03:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Don Cole" wrote in message
I had some flicker and movement on an HP Computer with Quicken 2008 using
the 8/27/2007 drivers.

I checked and discovered that they had newer drivers that had came out in
December.

Installed the newer drivers and the flicker and movement was ten times as
bad.

No other programs are affected.

Any ideas?

This only happens in Quicken 2008? And in no other 2D app? Or windows? And
it started doing this when? Which HP model? Which OS? Whose drivers? 8400M
series? Please be specific.

Old April 26th 08, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Don Cole

Yes, it only affects Quicken 2008 on my computer an HP Pavilion d4990y, Win
Pro with
NVIDIA 8400GS.

This started happening right after Quicken was installed in Feb 2008. This
does not occur in any of the other programs.

Oh, and by the way this has been reported to Quicken about their 2008
version by several users.

I tried NVIDIA's Aug 2007 v6.14.11.6230 and their December 2007 driver, both
were downloaded from the NVIDIA's site.

I rolled back the drivers to the Aug 2007 version as it has the least
detrimental affect on Quicken.

I was asking this group if they had any idea of what could be done to
correct the problem as Quicken does not seem to have a clue.

Or, if they do, they are not sharing it with the Quicken Users.

Don

Old April 26th 08, 05:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Don Cole" wrote in message
Yes, it only affects Quicken 2008 on my computer an HP Pavilion d4990y,
Win Pro with
NVIDIA 8400GS.

This started happening right after Quicken was installed in Feb 2008.
This does not occur in any of the other programs.

Ok....try this: Do you have MS Intellipoint mouse drivers installed? If yes,
uninstall and ipgrade to version 5.5 of the Intellipoint drivers.

Old April 26th 08, 05:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon[_2_]

'Don Cole' wrote, in part:
Yes, it only affects Quicken 2008 on my computer an HP Pavilion d4990y,
Win Pro with
NVIDIA 8400GS.

This started happening right after Quicken was installed in Feb 2008.
This does not occur in any of the other programs.

Oh, and by the way this has been reported to Quicken about their 2008
version by several users.

I tried NVIDIA's Aug 2007 v6.14.11.6230 and their December 2007 driver,
both were downloaded from the NVIDIA's site.

I rolled back the drivers to the Aug 2007 version as it has the least
detrimental affect on Quicken.

_____

Since your system is likely a HP notebook as it uses an nVidia 8400M GS
display adapter you should contact HP customer support for a solution. It
is also likely that HP may have made specific 8400M GS driver modifications.
Discussions with HP customer support would also benefit from the fact that
HP will KNOW what modifications may have been made and what your notebook
native resolution is, and thus won't have to pull teeth to get that
necessary information from you. (You are using the notebook screen at its
native resolution for Quicken 2008, right? Or are you using an external
monitor? In which case a whole 'nother series of questions and answers is
necessary.) At any rate, if further help is necessary, post here AFTER
consulting with HP customer support.

A warning... it is not a good idea to use your valid email address as an
identity when posting to Usenet. Spammers and malicious worms scan posts on
Usenet to harvest email addresses to use as To: addresses and to use as fake

Old April 26th 08, 05:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Don Cole" wrote in message
Yes, it only affects Quicken 2008 on my computer an HP Pavilion d4990y,
Win Pro with
NVIDIA 8400GS.

This started happening right after Quicken was installed in Feb 2008.
This does not occur in any of the other programs.

Ok....try this: Do you have MS Intellipoint mouse drivers installed? If
yes, uninstall and ipgrade to version 5.5 of the Intellipoint drivers.

That's a know visual issue with Quicken 7 and 8....oh, and his box is a
desktop Phil. But yes, you're right.

Old April 26th 08, 07:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon[_2_]

'Augustus' wrote:
That's a know visual issue with Quicken 7 and 8....oh, and his box is a
desktop Phil. But yes, you're right.

_____

After you mentioned the HP Pavilion D4990Y was a 'desktop' I checked the
specifications for that HP computer. It has a motherboard with a PCI-e X16
socket; an nVidia 8600M series display adapter will not plug into an ATX
PCI-e X16 socket. The nVidia 8x00M series display adapters DO have a common
socket definition and the cards ARE plug compatible, but only for the
special notebook PCI-e X16 socket (as you might expect because of space
limitations.) Which raises a whole 'nother question best left to HP
customer support.

Phil Weldon

Old April 26th 08, 07:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

After you mentioned the HP Pavilion D4990Y was a 'desktop' I checked the
specifications for that HP computer. It has a motherboard with a PCI-e
X16 socket; an nVidia 8600M series display adapter will not plug into an
ATX PCI-e X16 socket. The nVidia 8x00M series display adapters DO have a
common socket definition and the cards ARE plug compatible, but only for
the special notebook PCI-e X16 socket (as you might expect because of
space limitations.) Which raises a whole 'nother question best left to
HP customer support.

I initially assumed from his lack of details he had a laptop and an 8400M.
It seems he has a desktop with the 8400GS card.

flicker DVD.. Old machine ? ps General 3 February 11th 04 12:31 AM
nVidia flicker/screen flashing black problem.... Marty R Nvidia Videocards 0 September 18th 03 12:45 PM
Strange flicker ( not a refresh flicker ) w/PNY FX5900 Henric Nvidia Videocards 1 August 13th 03 08:59 PM
Screen flicker Pierre Nvidia Videocards 3 June 27th 03 11:51 AM