.BAT File To Re-Enable USB Device?

Old November 6th 14, 05:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
(PeteCresswell)

Default .BAT File To Re-Enable USB Device?

My Zenbook is set to hibernate if cover closed with no external power,
but do nothing if cover closed with external power connected.

When I close the cover and then disconnect external power, it does what
I would hope: hibernates.

The rub is that each time that happens, the USB device associated with
touch screen functionality is disabled.

To re-enable it, MyComputer | Manage | Device Manager | USB Devices |
(select second-from bottom and click "Enable").

Works... but I'm thinking there must be an easier way until the fix
comes along from Asus or Microsoft.

Maybe a .BAT file that hits RegEdit and does what needs to be done?
Maybe some other command-line method?

??
--
Pete Cresswell
Old November 6th 14, 07:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
My Zenbook is set to hibernate if cover closed with no external power,
but do nothing if cover closed with external power connected.

When I close the cover and then disconnect external power, it does what
I would hope: hibernates.

The rub is that each time that happens, the USB device associated with
touch screen functionality is disabled.

To re-enable it, MyComputer | Manage | Device Manager | USB Devices |
(select second-from bottom and click "Enable").

Works... but I'm thinking there must be an easier way until the fix
comes along from Asus or Microsoft.

Maybe a .BAT file that hits RegEdit and does what needs to be done?
Maybe some other command-line method?

??

You would probably want a batch file that hits "devcon" program.

Finding the correct version of devcon for a 32 bit OS is easy.
Finding the 64 bit devcon for Intel processors is hard.

Devcon is Device Manager in disguise. Anything you can do GUI-wise
in Device Manager, there's likely to be a script equivalent in
devcon.

*******

This person has some info.

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/devcon.php

The canonical link for download, is here. I386\DevCon.exe is for
32 bit Windows. Ia64\DevCon.exe is for Itanium based servers (which
nobody owns :-) ). The one that is missing, is a DevCon64 for
64 bit OSes.

http://support2.microsoft.com/defaul...;EN-US;Q311272

Maybe a "devcon rescan" would be enough.

wakeup.bat
C:\downloads\devcon.exe rescan

That sort of thing.

*******

The convoluted recipe for getting devcon64 version, is here.
I would need this for my Win8 x64 machine. The recipe I used
was similar, but I figured it out on my own (much cursing
and swearing). Of course Microsoft couldn't put the new
file in KB311282, because that would make too much sense.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...evcon-exe.aspx

Paul