Dabs RMA

Old January 18th 04, 04:48 PM
Joe Soap

Default Dabs RMA

Got an rma from Dabs for an item which is not exactly faulty but which does
not perform satisfactorily.

They insist I pay return postage and forfeit the original postage. Is that
right?

--
Joe Soap
Old January 18th 04, 04:55 PM
Nick Le Lievre

"Joe Soap" wrote in message
Got an rma from Dabs for an item which is not exactly faulty but which

does
not perform satisfactorily.

They insist I pay return postage and forfeit the original postage. Is that
right?

Your alternative is to keep the unsatisfactory product. It can`t be that bad
if you are arging over return postage costs - what is it a 35kg monitor ?

Old January 18th 04, 05:05 PM
Colin Wilson

Got an rma from Dabs for an item which is not exactly faulty but which does
not perform satisfactorily.

In what way doesn`t it perform ? - does it do what it says on the box ?

Old January 18th 04, 07:15 PM
Joe Soap

Colin Wilson wrote in
t:

In what way doesn`t it perform ? - does it do what it says on the box ?

It's a Saitek battery charger - not really on topic, I know, but Dabs are
well known in this group. It does what it says but badly. It takes ages to
recharge nicd/nimh - over 12 hours - and then to about 80% of capacity with
no trickle current. At £36 incl post that is not good enough; a £5 charger
would do it in less than 4 hours.

Its high price is on account of it recharging alkalines also but that was
just an added extra as far as I was concerned. I principally wanted a smart
fast charger for rechargeables.

--
Joe Soap
Old January 18th 04, 10:56 PM
Johannes H Andersen

Joe Soap wrote:

Colin Wilson wrote in
t:

In what way doesn`t it perform ? - does it do what it says on the box ?

It's a Saitek battery charger - not really on topic, I know, but Dabs are
well known in this group. It does what it says but badly. It takes ages to
recharge nicd/nimh - over 12 hours - and then to about 80% of capacity with
no trickle current. At £36 incl post that is not good enough; a £5 charger
would do it in less than 4 hours.

Its high price is on account of it recharging alkalines also but that was
just an added extra as far as I was concerned. I principally wanted a smart
fast charger for rechargeables.

1. But then there's nothing wrong with the charger. The best you can hope is
money back by goodwill.

2. Fast charging isn't necessarily very good for the batteries.

3. I use a Vanson charger from maplin, it charges Ni-MH/Ni-Cd . Nice quality
and is electronically controlled. Takes 8 hours.
Old January 19th 04, 02:44 PM
Jim

"Joe Soap" wrote in message
Colin Wilson wrote in
t:

In what way doesn`t it perform ? - does it do what it says on the box ?

It's a Saitek battery charger - not really on topic, I know, but Dabs are
well known in this group. It does what it says but badly. It takes ages to
recharge nicd/nimh - over 12 hours - and then to about 80% of capacity

with
no trickle current. At £36 incl post that is not good enough; a £5 charger
would do it in less than 4 hours.

Its high price is on account of it recharging alkalines also but that was
just an added extra as far as I was concerned. I principally wanted a

smart
fast charger for rechargeables.

--
Joe Soap

From my experience, you are *very* lucky that they are offering you a refund
at all. It works, albeit unsatifactory in your eyes (pretty reasonable, but
what has that ever got to do with Dabs nowadays?) They normally say it is up
to you to find out if the product is suitable for your needs, and if not
then that's your fault and keep it. BTW I'm not vindicating Dabs' attitude
in anyway [I never buy from them any more].

I would accept their offer and run - then find somewhere else to deal with

Jim