Looking for laptop

Old January 16th 04, 05:47 PM
Dave

Default Looking for laptop

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a laptop in the next couple of weeks, I've got about £700
to spend, maybe a little more. I'd rather not go for a celeron but still
want a decent speed/spec machine. Best I've found so far seem to be either
PCW or Dabs. However due to reading various things about these supliers in
the past I'm a little reluctant and feel there are possibly better deals out
there.

So...anyone have any pointers or recommendations? All help greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Dave

--
Mail address IS valid

Old January 16th 04, 06:42 PM
Jimbo

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:47:05 GMT, "Dave"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a laptop in the next couple of weeks, I've got about £700
to spend, maybe a little more. I'd rather not go for a celeron but still
want a decent speed/spec machine. Best I've found so far seem to be either
PCW or Dabs. However due to reading various things about these supliers in
the past I'm a little reluctant and feel there are possibly better deals out
there.

So...anyone have any pointers or recommendations? All help greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Dave

Dave

Have you considered Dell ? (www.dell.co.uk)

I just bought a Dell Inspiron 1100 - customised with 15" screen, 256mb
RAM & a DVD/CD-Rewriter unit for just under £650.

I'm well impressed with it, it's a very nice looking machine, and
appears to have a decent battery life for a change (3 hrs)

Only annoying thing with Dell though, is every time I called them to
chase the order up, query delivery date etc ... I ended up in an
Indian Call Centre ! Mind you - the staff knew their stuff, and were
very helpful !

HTH

Jim
Old January 16th 04, 06:48 PM
MoJo JoJo

when buying laptops prefer to stick with brand names (Toshiba, Compaq, IBM)..
may cost a bit more but in the end worth it when it comes to warranty and
maintenace..

In my experience Toshiba have one of the best maintance..

Old January 16th 04, 06:50 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Dave" wrote:

I'm looking to buy a laptop in the next couple of weeks, I've got about £700
to spend, maybe a little more. I'd rather not go for a celeron but still
want a decent speed/spec machine. Best I've found so far seem to be either
PCW or Dabs. However due to reading various things about these supliers in
the past I'm a little reluctant and feel there are possibly better deals out
there.

So...anyone have any pointers or recommendations? All help greatly
appreciated.

Try Dell Outlet - they sell "as new" returns at heavily discounted
prices.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old January 16th 04, 08:37 PM
Dave

wrote:

Have you considered Dell ? (www.dell.co.uk)

Thanks for that the 5100 series looks good.

Cheers

Dave

--
Mail address IS valid

Old January 16th 04, 08:45 PM
Dave

Paul Hopwood wrote:

Try Dell Outlet - they sell "as new" returns at heavily discounted
prices.

You need to dig a bit but there are some real bargains in there.

Thanks

Dave

--
Mail address IS valid

Old January 16th 04, 09:09 PM
Jon S Green

"Dave" wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a laptop in the next couple of weeks, I've got about £700
to spend, maybe a little more. I'd rather not go for a celeron but still
want a decent speed/spec machine. Best I've found so far seem to be either
PCW or Dabs.

Not had any trouble at all with Dabs, and I've spent thousands there (on
company's behalf or my own).

Jon
--
SPAM BLOCK IN USE! Replace 'deadspam' with 'green-lines' to reply in email.
Want a free solution to email spam? Try http://www.deadspam.com/
Old January 16th 04, 11:19 PM
Zoe Brown

Try Dell Outlet - they sell "as new" returns at heavily discounted
prices.

You need to dig a bit but there are some real bargains in there.

oh so helpful !!!

Old January 16th 04, 11:40 PM
Luvly Jubly

Or even try www.morgancomputers.co.uk a mate of mine bought a tshiba
satellite pro for £771.00 all with full 1 year warranty and brand new. They
surplus stock maily branches mostky uk wide.

Old January 17th 04, 09:15 AM
E-Business Assist UK

Remember that until 21st Jan you can get 5% discount at Dell and free
delivery

See previous posts on this subject or visit the January Computer sales
section of our site.

Keith
www.findmethebestprice.co.uk