EV700

Old December 30th 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
dna

Default EV700

Hello all

I have a Gateway EV700 CRT monitor, it made clicking noises & at the same
time the picture flickered / shrunk by a tiny bit & came back to normal
instantly. This went on for months on end then yesterday the screen went
blank. I have a back up monitor that I am using now & would like to know is
the EV700 fixable or should I bin it?

Thanks in advance

Dee.

Old December 30th 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Tom Clydesdale

Given the current cost of new monitors and the probable charges to repair an
old one replacement should be seriously considered.

I had an EV700 several years ago and had the same problem with clicking and
flickering - when it went bad I dumped it and have never been sorry. The
new lcd monitors are so much more convenient, bright and lighter if
relocation is necessary.

Hope that helps.
Tom
.uk...

Old January 21st 07, 05:56 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Postman delivers

dna wrote :
Hello all

I have a Gateway EV700 CRT monitor, it made clicking noises & at the same
time the picture flickered / shrunk by a tiny bit & came back to normal
instantly. This went on for months on end then yesterday the screen went
blank. I have a back up monitor that I am using now & would like to know is
the EV700 fixable or should I bin it?

Thanks in advance

Dee.

Dee,

With 19 inch wide screen Lcd monitors selling new for less than $200 I
would be very cautious look to repair an older monitor...

This particular 19-inch LCD monitor has 419 different reviews...

JR the postman

Old January 21st 07, 11:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
dna

"Postman Delivers" wrote in message
dna wrote :
Hello all

I have a Gateway EV700 CRT monitor, it made clicking noises & at the

same
time the picture flickered / shrunk by a tiny bit & came back to normal
instantly. This went on for months on end then yesterday the screen went
blank. I have a back up monitor that I am using now & would like to know

is
the EV700 fixable or should I bin it?

Thanks in advance

Dee.

Dee,

With 19 inch wide screen Lcd monitors selling new for less than $200 I
would be very cautious look to repair an older monitor...

This particular 19-inch LCD monitor has 419 different reviews...

JR the postman

Thank you for the reply. It did not get through to my newsserver until
today.

Old January 21st 07, 04:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers

Bin it. Actually, make sure that it is recycled properly. There is a lot of
lead plus other poisonous stuff in a monitor.

My experience with EV700's has been quite mixed. You've gotten a lot of life
out of yours.

I sell replacement 17" monitors, used and less than 5 years old, for $US 25 to
35 locally, to people northwest of Boston MA, with one year warranty. This
should put into perspective whether a repair of an EV700 is cost effective...
Ben Myers

Old January 22nd 07, 01:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
dna

wrote:

Hello all

I have a Gateway EV700 CRT monitor, it made clicking noises & at the same
time the picture flickered / shrunk by a tiny bit & came back to normal
instantly. This went on for months on end then yesterday the screen went
blank. I have a back up monitor that I am using now & would like to know

is
the EV700 fixable or should I bin it?

Thanks in advance

Dee.

Yes it looks like if I will bin it. We have proper recycling facilities in
my part of London. Computer fairs do a Dell 15'' LCD for about £75. I have
heard they use Samsung panels which are rather good.

Thanks for the replies.

Dee.

Old January 22nd 07, 05:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers

The Samsung brand has achieved a good reputation for its LCDs. I have clients
using Dell LCDs, and they are happy campers... Ben Myers

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:11:04 GMT, "dna"
wrote:

.. .

Old January 23rd 07, 01:03 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
dna

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
The Samsung brand has achieved a good reputation for its LCDs. I have

clients
using Dell LCDs, and they are happy campers... Ben Myers

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:11:04 GMT, "dna"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Yes that is why I going to choose Samsung.