What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

Old September 30th 19, 09:28 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Viktor Madarasz

Default What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 10:22:45 PM UTC+2, Ant wrote:
My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P connected to a 2008 15" MacBook
Pro with parallel - USB adapter. I had to install Gutenprint's printer
drivers in Mac OS X (Leopard v10.5.8 and El Capitan v10.11.6) to use it.
I still have my HP PhotoSmart 8450 inkjet printer. They both mostly work
with a few minor annoying issues (e.g., paper feeds).

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering.
--
Quote of the Week: "If you're an ant, and you're walking along across
the top of a cup of pudding, you probably have no idea that the only

My Oldest I still use is an HP MFP M3035xs . Works as new only has over 128 000 pages printed total.
Old September 30th 19, 12:28 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Eager[_5_]

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 01:28:48 -0700, Viktor Madarasz wrote:

On Monday, April 8, 2019 at 10:22:45 PM UTC+2, Ant wrote:
My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P connected to a 2008 15" MacBook
Pro with parallel - USB adapter. I had to install Gutenprint's printer
drivers in Mac OS X (Leopard v10.5.8 and El Capitan v10.11.6) to use
it.
I still have my HP PhotoSmart 8450 inkjet printer. They both mostly
work with a few minor annoying issues (e.g., paper feeds).

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering.

My Oldest I still use is an HP MFP M3035xs . Works as new only has over
128 000 pages printed total.

My oldest is a LaserJet 4M+, manufactured in 1993. In fact, I have two.

Old December 4th 20, 03:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Roger Blake[_2_]

On 2019-04-08, Ant wrote:
My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P connected to a 2008 15" MacBook
Pro with parallel - USB adapter. I had to install Gutenprint's printer
drivers in Mac OS X (Leopard v10.5.8 and El Capitan v10.11.6) to use it.
I still have my HP PhotoSmart 8450 inkjet printer. They both mostly work
with a few minor annoying issues (e.g., paper feeds).

I still regularly use a Panasonic KX-P1124 dot matrix printer for
multipart forms. Bought it new and it's been so long I'm not sure
what year that was. (Late 1980s? I originally bought it to use with
my Commodore 64 along with a Centronics interface adapter for that
computer.)

It's worked pretty well over the years but now the hard rubber platen
is deteriorating and coming apart, causing no print where it's worn
away and paper misfeeds. Basically it's a thin rubber strip cemented in
place that provides a smooth surface that yields a little for the print
head to hammer on behind the paper. Not sure where to get replacment
material for that.

The US Census, what info must you give? -- http://censusfacts.info
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
The facts about Climate Change -- http://www.RealClimateScience.com
Old December 4th 20, 03:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Roger Blake[_2_]

And now I see I'm responding to something from like a year and a half
ago. D'oh!

Old December 4th 20, 04:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Ant[_3_]

In comp.periphs.printer Roger Blake wrote:
And now I see I'm responding to something from like a year and a half
ago. D'oh!

Better late than never.
--
Life's so loco! ..!.. *isms, sins, hates, (d)evil, z, tiredness, my old body, (sick/ill)ness (e.g., COVID-19 & SARS-CoV-2), deaths (RIP), interruptions, issues, conflicts, obstacles, stresses, fires, out(r)ages, dramas, unlucky #4, 2020, greeds, bugs (e.g., crashes & female mosquitoes), etc. D: Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
| |o o| |