Computer Slowdown

Old April 2nd 04, 11:24 AM
Mouse

Default Computer Slowdown

There is very few memory in your machine to run your appl, you do not
mention the versions, but I assume at least office 2000 and IE5, they
already consuem a lot of resources. Combine that with win 98 never been
brilliant at memory usage, an you are quite likley to have problems (by
the way upgrading up to 512 does pay of on win 98, any more is not worth
it as you start to slow down again)
I asusme you also have a large amount of harddisk activity for the
swap-drive

Frank wrote:

I am having an issue with my computer slowing down. It seems to go
fine throughout the day and then it will start slowing down. I have
programs like Word/Excel, IE, CITRIX Client open it it slows to a
crawl. The computer is a PII with 128Mb of RAM and is running Windows
98SE. It is all patched up too.

What could the issue be? Could it be a memory leak? If so what is
the best/easist way to fix a memory leak?

Any help would be appreciated.