READ TOC with open session CD-R

Old May 13th 08, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
[email protected]

Default READ TOC with open session CD-R

I have written a program to read TOC of a CD-R uisng the READ TOC/PMA/
ATIP command (0x43). This works well for most CDs, but not for one
with an open session

The function returns with a 5 / 24 /0 error Invalid field in CDB
when it is wirth an open session CD. I have tested many combinations
of track / session number as well as different Format field values.
They all return the same error message. The drive I am using a a DVD-
RW as well as DVD / CD-RW drive. Both identical results.

This is in Windows, using C++ and SPTI interface.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Michael

Old May 14th 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above )
(is a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels!)
'

mscotgrove wrote:

I have written a program to read TOC of a CD-R uisng the READ TOC/PMA/
ATIP command (0x43). This works well for most CDs, but not for one
with an open session

The function returns with a 5 / 24 /0 error Invalid field in CDB
when it is wirth an open session CD. I have tested many combinations
of track / session number as well as different Format field values.
They all return the same error message. The drive I am using a a DVD-
RW as well as DVD / CD-RW drive. Both identical results.

This is in Windows, using C++ and SPTI interface.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Michael

How did you leave a session open with what burn software?

According to MMC-3, if the fomat field specified is 0011b, it should
read PMA:

5.23 READ TOC/PMA/ATIP Command
Table 230 – READ TOC/PMA/ATIP Command
Table 231 – Format Field

5.23.5 TOC/PMA/ATIP Response Data Format 0011b
Table 241 – READ TOC/PMA/ATIP response data (Format = 0011b)

Check out he
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f52/
Old May 14th 08, 11:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
[email protected]

. * * * * *--------------------------------------
* * * * * *--------------------------------------

mscotgrove wrote:

[...]

Check out hehttp://club.cdfreaks.com/f52/- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, this is a slight progress, but not currently a solution.

The reason for the unclosed session is not the issue, I work on data
recovery and if something can go wrong, it will go wrong. The disk is
now recovered, but I want to make the process quicker and more
automatic.

This function 3 did return data without an error message, but it does
not make sense to me.

The string returned is

0x00 0x0d 0x00 0x00 /// Data length
0x00 // reserved
0x20 // control
0x00 // TNO
0x00 // point
0x27 // min
0x16 // sec
0x36 // frame
all rest 0x00

The min, sec frame translate to a sector address of 0x2B39E
(177,054). This is assuming the values are Hex. If they are BCD,
then the sector address is 0x1DF4C or 122,700

What I am looking for the sector number for the end of the data
written. On this disk, it is 0x536F7 or 341,751

How do I find this value. On a closed session disk it does work with
Data Format 0

Michael
Old May 14th 08, 04:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

mscotgrove wrote:
smh wrote:
mscotgrove wrote:

[...]

Asked that as the only program I know that burns with session open is
CDRWin.

[...]

A Club CD Freaks moderator "Truman" wrote "cdreader". Suggest you try
the forum.

Keeping session open later use? Jon D General 5 December 16th 05 06:24 PM
Keeping session open later use? Jon D Cdr 5 December 16th 05 06:24 PM
Keeping session open later use? Jon D Homebuilt PC's 5 December 16th 05 06:24 PM
closing open session Eric Gisin Cdr 4 September 7th 04 09:50 PM
Getting a CD-RW drive to read beyond a track/session Me Cdr 4 August 17th 03 08:15 PM