Adding Bluetooth to Dell D430

Old July 10th 10, 07:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Justin[_9_]

Default Adding Bluetooth to Dell D430

I have a Dell D430 running Windows 7 Pro 64.
It originally came without Bluetooth, so I bought a Dell Truemobile 355
Bluetooth Adapter Card - RJ421 off eBay and installed it like so.

http://yfrog.com/1ndsc00947rwj

BAfter I started up the machine it detected a USB hub but I don't have a
Bluetooth option in Control Panel.
What did I do wrong?
Old July 10th 10, 03:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Mark Opolo

"Justin" wrote in message
I have a Dell D430 running Windows 7 Pro 64.
It originally came without Bluetooth, so I bought a Dell Truemobile 355
Bluetooth Adapter Card - RJ421 off eBay and installed it like so.

http://yfrog.com/1ndsc00947rwj

BAfter I started up the machine it detected a USB hub but I don't have a
Bluetooth option in Control Panel.
What did I do wrong?

did you load the Win 7 driver...........

http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19275237.aspx

Old July 10th 10, 09:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Justin[_9_]

In article ,
"Mark Opolo" wrote:

"Justin" wrote in message
I have a Dell D430 running Windows 7 Pro 64.
It originally came without Bluetooth, so I bought a Dell Truemobile 355
Bluetooth Adapter Card - RJ421 off eBay and installed it like so.

http://yfrog.com/1ndsc00947rwj

BAfter I started up the machine it detected a USB hub but I don't have a
Bluetooth option in Control Panel.
What did I do wrong?

did you load the Win 7 driver...........

http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19275237.aspx

I thought it would automatically detect it and search for the driver.
Those FTP sites aren't working.

Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server
Old July 10th 10, 10:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

Justin wrote:
I have a Dell D430 running Windows 7 Pro 64.
It originally came without Bluetooth, so I bought a Dell Truemobile 355
Bluetooth Adapter Card - RJ421 off eBay and installed it like so.

http://yfrog.com/1ndsc00947rwj

BAfter I started up the machine it detected a USB hub but I don't have a
Bluetooth option in Control Panel.
What did I do wrong?

run windows update and see if it installs the driver for you.
Old July 10th 10, 11:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Justin[_9_]

In article ,
Christopher Muto wrote:

Justin wrote:
I have a Dell D430 running Windows 7 Pro 64.
It originally came without Bluetooth, so I bought a Dell Truemobile 355
Bluetooth Adapter Card - RJ421 off eBay and installed it like so.

http://yfrog.com/1ndsc00947rwj

BAfter I started up the machine it detected a USB hub but I don't have a
Bluetooth option in Control Panel.
What did I do wrong?

run windows update and see if it installs the driver for you.

I tried that - no dice.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/ad3e5d88049765

http://www.imagebam.com/image/e54b8788049767

For whatever reason Windows update doesn't acknowledge the fact it needs
a driver.
Im guessing the reason is because there is no official Windows 7 Driver
for this particular device, everyone seems to be using the Vista
drivers; with great success.
Unfortunately the FTP site Mark posted is down.
Old July 11th 10, 01:28 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

Justin wrote:
In article ,
Christopher Muto wrote:

Justin wrote:
[...]

here is the vista 64 driver for the truemobile 255 from dells site...
http://tinyurl.com/2bkeacn
you can also find it by going to support.dell.com and then looking under
laptop-xps laptop-m1330
Old July 11th 10, 01:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

Christopher Muto wrote:
Justin wrote:
In article ,
Christopher Muto wrote:

Justin wrote:
[...]

make that truemobile 355 (not 255).
this file extracts the drivers and then runs a setup program to install
it...
Old July 11th 10, 01:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dan Sgambelluri

http://en.community.dell.com/support.../19292977.aspx
Old July 11th 10, 05:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Justin[_9_]

In article ,
Christopher Muto wrote:

Christopher Muto wrote:
Justin wrote:
In article ,
Christopher Muto wrote:

Justin wrote:
[...]

This Bluetooth does not want toinstall.
I get stuck at this window
http://yfrog.com/i3bluetoothsoftwarej
I do what it says and nothing.
I double checked the BIOS setting for Bluetooth and it is enabled.
Old July 11th 10, 07:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Justin[_9_]

In article ,
Dan Sgambelluri wrote:

On 10/07/2010 2:10 AM, Justin wrote:
I have a Dell D430 running Windows 7 Pro 64.
It originally came without Bluetooth, so I bought a Dell Truemobile 355
Bluetooth Adapter Card - RJ421 off eBay and installed it like so.

http://yfrog.com/1ndsc00947rwj

BAfter I started up the machine it detected a USB hub but I don't have a
Bluetooth option in Control Panel.
What did I do wrong?

http://en.community.dell.com/support...eless/f/3324/t
/19292977.aspx

thanks, that seems to have worked.
That's why I use a Mac - patched, unlisted drivers and patches.
My favorite quote from the link you gave me: "1. You will not be able to
find this patch under the Driver downloads for Dell XPS 1330."

So how are people supposed to find these drivers?