bios upgrade

Old December 7th 03, 07:49 PM
etoh

no clue from me. for whatever reason, the flash won't continue. like I
asked earlier, when the system boots, do you see anything on the early

POST
screens indicating it is an Award bios?

Yes it says: "award modular biod v4.50PG" so its rather an Award bios.

EtOH

Old December 7th 03, 07:52 PM
TomG

interesting. the only thing I could recommend is to see if you could
purchase a pre-programmed bios chip...

--

Thomas Geery
Network+ certified

ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror ----- Cable modem IP
over 120,000 FTP users served!
^^^^^^^

Old December 8th 03, 07:28 PM
etoh

interesting. the only thing I could recommend is to see if you could
purchase a pre-programmed bios chip...

OK I managed to upgrade the bios to the version 4,51PG using awardflash 7,07
and ph5_d9.bin.
But still got the same problem, bios those not see my CD :-(

THX for help anyway I will try on.

EtOH

Old December 8th 03, 11:35 PM
TomG

now, I have a BE6-II board that does not display the CD-ROM drive when I am
in the bios screens. if I force an auto-detect in the bios screens, the
hard drive shows but no CD-ROM drive.

however, at boot time, the CD-ROM drive not only is detected and shows in
two different places, but I can also boot from the cd as well.

Old December 9th 03, 02:03 AM
0_Qed

TomG wrote:
now, I have a BE6-II board that does not display the CD-ROM drive when I am
in the bios screens. if I force an auto-detect in the bios screens, the
hard drive shows but no CD-ROM drive.
however, at boot time, the CD-ROM drive not only is detected and shows in
two different places, but I can also boot from the cd as well.

Interesting ....

Does the CD device 'show' up in the ESCD ???

Will it show in a probe from a 3rd party probe app ??
Have one(DOS) , can send.

Qed.
Old December 9th 03, 12:54 PM
TomG

it will show in the table that is presented on the final boot screen, the
one that is presented with a "box" surround as opposed to the text listing,
but does not show in the bios search if you are in bios setup. it also
shows in the initial IDE channel search right after the CPU and memory are
displayed. the drive is available to DOS level operations assuming you load
the standard drivers and MSCDEX.

Old December 9th 03, 05:29 PM
etoh

it will show in the table that is presented on the final boot screen, the
one that is presented with a "box" surround as opposed to the text

listing,
but does not show in the bios search if you are in bios setup. it also
shows in the initial IDE channel search right after the CPU and memory are
displayed. the drive is available to DOS level operations assuming you

load
the standard drivers and MSCDEX.

OK, the CD still isnt shown in the "box" where it is listed all devices,
also not in text mode
I managed to make a boot disk thx to which it is useable= works :-)
Now I will try to install an OS on the PC.

THX for help again.
EtOH