Software Question (OT)

Old September 19th 05, 05:23 PM
GT

Default Software Question (OT)

Wrong group to ask in, but you are all knowledgeable and I don't have any
software groups subscribed in my account, so here goes:

What software can I use to create ISO files? I have Nero, but can't figure
out how to do it (and the help won't open for some reason!)
I don't want to create ISO files directly from CDs, but from a bunch of
files I want to put together myself, one ISO I want to create is a
collection of holiday photos etc.

I want to do this so I can store all these things as 1 ISO file, then mount
them as a drive when it is require (have MS Virtual CD already).

Cheers,
GT

Old September 19th 05, 05:41 PM
Bob Day

"GT" wrote in message ng.com...
Wrong group to ask in,

That's a fact.

but you are all knowledgeable and I don't have any
software groups subscribed in my account,

Then subscribe to one.

-- Bob Day

Old September 19th 05, 06:00 PM
GT

"Bob Day" wrote in message
"GT" wrote in message
ng.com...
Wrong group to ask in,

That's a fact.

Hence the OT in the subject!

but you are all knowledgeable and I don't have any software groups
subscribed in my account,

Then subscribe to one.

Couldn't be bothered, but thanks for pointing out what I already pointed
out!

Old September 19th 05, 06:06 PM
kony

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:23:51 +0100, "GT"
wrote:

Wrong group to ask in, but you are all knowledgeable and I don't have any
software groups subscribed in my account, so here goes:

What software can I use to create ISO files? I have Nero, but can't figure
out how to do it (and the help won't open for some reason!)
I don't want to create ISO files directly from CDs, but from a bunch of
files I want to put together myself, one ISO I want to create is a
collection of holiday photos etc.

I want to do this so I can store all these things as 1 ISO file, then mount
them as a drive when it is require (have MS Virtual CD already).

Cheers,
GT

I'll walk you through it.

- Open nero
- Top Menu Recorder
- Choose Recorder
- Device - Image Recoder (not the optical drive)

Now onto creating it

- Top Menu File - New
- Window pops open (pick what you want)
- Adjust any and all settings just as if you were making a
physical disc, the "image recorder" choice above determines
the output device.

- After clicking the "new" button on the window pops open
above, you have the dual panes to explore and drop the files
into the compliation.

- AFter adding all files and clicking the "burn" icon, it
will pop up the burn window, make adjustments if necessary
and click the "burn" button.

- A "save image file" window should pop up, and you name the
file and choose the save location. Be sure to choose ISO
format in the drop-down list, not Nero Image (unless you
ONLY want nero to be able to use it later).

- That's all.
Old September 19th 05, 06:31 PM
Terry Turnip

The latest nero 6 reloaded that has just been released will do all
that for you and more , it will take photos,mpegs,bmp,avis , convert
them all to iso and then play them all on the one disc it is magic.

Old September 19th 05, 06:32 PM
Ken Maltby

"kony" wrote in message

I'll walk you through it.

"Kony", aren't you happy that you could "be bothered" ?

Don't you hate it when your post is effected by another post that
gets posted while you are typing?

Luck;
Ken

Old September 19th 05, 06:51 PM
kony

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:32:36 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
wrote:

"kony" wrote in message
.. .

I'll walk you through it.

"Kony", aren't you happy that you could "be bothered" ?

Don't you hate it when your post is effected by another post that
gets posted while you are typing?

You might be putting a little too much thought into trivial
things.
Old September 19th 05, 08:37 PM
GT

Thanks for that - you've cut short my internet trawl!!

Cheers.

Old September 26th 05, 03:41 PM

wrote:

Wrong group to ask in, but you are all knowledgeable and I don't have any
software groups subscribed in my account, so here goes:

What software can I use to create ISO files? I have Nero, but can't figure
out how to do it (and the help won't open for some reason!)
I don't want to create ISO files directly from CDs, but from a bunch of
files I want to put together myself, one ISO I want to create is a
collection of holiday photos etc.

I want to do this so I can store all these things as 1 ISO file, then mount
them as a drive when it is require (have MS Virtual CD already).

Cheers,
GT

win iso, and a bunch others.magic iso.

Newbie Question re hardware vs software RAID Gilgamesh General 44 November 22nd 04 10:52 PM
Software - licensed or sold? Steve Dell Computers 6 October 31st 04 02:03 AM
Software question Jim Tedder Webcams 2 June 20th 04 12:11 PM
Old Software Question NuT CrAcKeR Compaq Servers 0 May 2nd 04 03:20 PM
Burning Software Question Dan Cdr 5 November 12th 03 07:10 PM