Just deleted my Newegg shortcut

Old January 3rd 12, 10:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike Easter

Default Just deleted my Newegg shortcut

xposts deleted.

Good netiquette recommends that when you do such crossposting that you
announce it; and besides it was a daffy/zany crosspost.

John Doe wrote:
Mike Easter
John Doe wrote:

Do you have to click on the ads in order for the website to get
any money?

No.

Without getting into all of the nuances of ad revenue and ad
blocking, here are a couple of articles

No thanks. If you want to argue something, argue it here.

No thanks. You aren't doing your share of getting yourself up to speed;
I'm not interested in spoon-feeding you.

--
Mike Easter
Old January 4th 12, 01:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,free.UseNet,free.spam
John Doe

I'm not interested in what you have to spoon feed me.

Posting a link without argument is no better than a spammer IMO.

From: Mike Easter MikeE ster.invalid
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Just deleted my Newegg shortcut
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 14:09:11 -0800
References: 4f013414$0$20329$c3e8da3$9deca2c3 news.astraweb.com 8d3010cd-608d-413e-af83-fb9318e8d763 32g2000yqp.googlegroups.com 4f021878$0$31139$c3e8da3$b280bf18 news.astraweb.com d33c027d-1910-4ada-991a-4298ee808097 q17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com 4f024a08$0$32187$c3e8da3$40d4fd75 news.astraweb.com jdti2k$abn$2 dont-email.me 4f025046$0$2289$c3e8da3$460562f1 news.astraweb.com 9mf6roFkbvU1 mid.individual.net 4f026dab$0$1810$c3e8da3$a8a65a91 news.astraweb.com 9mfrupFuflU1 mid.individual.net 4f037291$0$2334$c3e8da3$76a7c58f news.astraweb.com

xposts deleted.

Good netiquette recommends that when you do such crossposting that you
announce it; and besides it was a daffy/zany crosspost.

John Doe wrote:
Mike Easter

Old January 4th 12, 04:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Mike Easter MikeE ster.invalid wrote:

Good netiquette recommends that when you do such crossposting
that you announce it; and besides it was a daffy/zany crosspost.

I missed that part of UseNet orientation... was that before having
my skin ripped off?

Old January 4th 12, 10:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
david

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 19:53:31 +0000, John Doe rearranged some electrons to
say:

Mike Easter MikeE ster.invalid wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Newegg is the only website on the Internet that is screwed up in my
Firefox browser.

I'm looking at newegg's front page in Opera 11.6, Firefox 8, and
Chromium 14 browsers and all 3 views are the same.

Maybe something isn't working right for you with their 'Shop All
Stores' function on the left, which performs an action when you mouse
over any one of the 11 sections to 'pop out' each section's
subsections.

Your ranty didn't describe what 'screwed up' means to you.

It appears to be a formatting problem. It looks like something you might
get in Firefox through the menu bar View -- Page Style -- No Style. And
again, they know there is something potentially wrong or they wouldn't
have this text at the top of the page "If you are reading this
message..." Besides never seeing anything like their messed up
formatting in my browser, I cannot even recall seeing an error message
that clearly anticipates problems, like that one does.

Not that it matters, the only thing I missed (until I got used to
shopping elsewhere) was their search engine. But my business is not much
nowadays anyway. I need to copy back Windows, so I will try Firefox 9 on
the way.

I just looked at it with Firefox 7.0, and it looks fine.
Old January 5th 12, 05:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
The_KiKi

I would never turn my ad blocker off just because the website I'm at
says it hurts their revenue, I'm sorry, but I don't even have to CLICK
an ad for it to be able to infect my computer anymore. No one does.
It's called javascript, it will mess your stuff up, even the most
trusted sites don't always hand pick their ads and NONE of them can
promise you that those ads are safe to click or to even let your browser
load them. Sorry but keep those ad blockers on folks!

Old January 5th 12, 10:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
anotherpaul[_2_]

On 2012-01-05, The_KiKi wrote:

I would never turn my ad blocker off just because the website I'm at
says it hurts their revenue, I'm sorry, but I don't even have to CLICK
an ad for it to be able to infect my computer anymore. No one does.
It's called javascript, it will mess your stuff up, even the most
trusted sites don't always hand pick their ads and NONE of them can
promise you that those ads are safe to click or to even let your browser
load them. Sorry but keep those ad blockers on folks!

AND turn javascript OFF until you need it.

I listen to music when on the computer & the most annoying &
vicious ADs are the ones that use loud sound as soon as one
enters the website. Some of those ads are somewhat hidden
near the bottom of the web page & hard to find to turn off &
have encountered a couple that hid its off button.
Old January 6th 12, 12:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

anotherpaul file-box02 no-hotmail.com.invalid wrote:

The_KiKi The_KiKi.55vyr8 no.email.invalid wrote:

I would never turn my ad blocker off just because the website
I'm at says it hurts their revenue, I'm sorry, but I don't even
have to CLICK an ad for it to be able to infect my computer
anymore. No one does. It's called javascript, it will mess
your stuff up, even the most trusted sites don't always hand
pick their ads and NONE of them can promise you that those ads
are safe to click or to even let your browser load them. Sorry
but keep those ad blockers on folks!

AND turn javascript OFF until you need it.

I listen to music when on the computer & the most annoying &
vicious ADs are the ones that use loud sound as soon as one
enters the website. Some of those ads are somewhat hidden near
the bottom of the web page & hard to find to turn off & have
encountered a couple that hid its off button.

That is one reason my mouse has a second wheel that controls
volume. It also presses to mute/unmute the volume. And I sometimes
use the volume controls on the keyboard. And in VLC, I like using
the primary mouse wheel to control volume. Volume control is a bit
of a mess. Having volume control on a cordless mouse can be
useful. The MX Revolution has that, but the plus and minus volume
control wheel levers are too stiff.