PC Supplier recommendation?

Old August 10th 03, 05:50 PM
David Gill

Default PC Supplier recommendation?

Hello,

My current computer is now five years old and despite several upgrades it's
now showing its age.

I'm therefore looking to buy a brand new system (less the monitor). This
will represent a substantial investment for me and obviously I want to use a
decent supplier with a good reputation who will provide a quality product.

Can anyone recommend such a supplier? After several weeks of studying
Computer Shopper I'm finding it difficult to locate any company (of a
reasonable site) that doesn't have a large number of upset customers. As a
reference point I've been using a web site that rates computer retailers in
the UK (http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/chart.php?1), but I'm not sure
whether this site is fair or whether the good and bad reviews have been
submitted by the companies themselves in order to improve their standing and
pull down the reputation of their rivals.

I've thought about buying from the following companies but I've rejected all
of them:
- Multivision - I came close to buying from this company until I read
consumer experiences on www.romulus2.com
- Mesh - I like their adverts, but not the views of their previous
customers.
- Evesham - They seem expensive.
- Time / Tiny - Need I say any more?

Have you had a good experience when buying a system from a supplier and if
so who?

David.

P.S. I don't wish to build my own system.

Old August 10th 03, 06:26 PM
Ron

"David Gill" wrote in message
[...]

Why not PC World, never had a problem with them, and you can take it back to
your local store..

I would build your own, and save the money, get a good book and you will
have the satifaction of knowing you put it together, and can replace
anything that goes wrong.

The new Compaq machines at PC World are nice, and couple that with a Sony
TFT and you cant go wrong, you don't have to buy the package from PC world,
just mix and match stuff.

Cheers

Ron

Old August 10th 03, 07:57 PM
Paul Hutchings

Paul Hutchings wrote in
. 1.4:

Finally, take the supplier review sites with a pinch of salt - most
folks don't go out their way to praise suppliers who have given good
service, yet many will go out of their way to bitch about those who
have.

Course, that should read "bitch about those who haven't".

regards
Paul
paul at spamcop.net
Old August 14th 03, 11:20 AM
Hawkeye-Pcs

one of the problems i have found is that people dont like having to sign up
to another website just to give someone a decent rating. Even though Romulus
declare they dont send junk email, customers have lost all confidence in
these claims from other sites that have obviously gone back on their word.

--
K Fletcher / J Marsh
www.hawkeye-pcs.co.uk

08701 272975
"Hawkeye-Pcs" wrote in message
Hi David,

If you wish to give us a call between 11am and 7pm we can discuss your
requirements indepth and give you a quote on a base unit to your
specifications.
We are a relatively new business trying to make an impact further afield,
all we need is the chance to prove our worth. We have a good name locally
and many satisfied customers buy from us regularly, we would like to

expand
this reputation further.
We will be pleased to be of assistance,

Regards,