New build, no video

Old November 21st 08, 05:12 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
bobhawkman

Default New build, no video

Hi All - I have just built a new pc using an intel dp35dpm mobo, 8gb
Corsair ddr2 800 ram, intel core 2 quad q6600 processor, powercolor
ax3870 radeon hd3870 video board, 2 seagate barracuda 7200 500gb hd's,
2 lg sata optical drives, zalman cpu fan, corsair cmpsu 750tx psu. On
initial boot there were no beeps, no video. Upon swapping out ram
(had 4 1gb sticks that I knew were good in old pc) got 3 beeps
(keyboard error, according to the list I accessed), still no video.
Am going to get ahold of usb keyboard (have wireless kb/mouse to use
when all is up and running) and see if that solves bios error beeps,
but am unsure if this will help video. Have also removed cmos battery
and swapped jumpers, waited 10 minutes then put battery back in and
restored jumper to original position. Still no video. Next step I
know of is to remove mobo, place on cardboard, add 1 stick of ram,
video board, and power to see if video signal is obtained.
Is there something I am missing that will allow me to not tear the
whole thing apart? Am using a coolermaster centurion case, hope there
are no mobo shorts to case (guess I will check that if I have to
remove mobo...). Thanks!

Hawkman

A Build For Video Cooly Homebuilt PC's 9 January 18th 08 05:11 PM
! I Want to Build a Video Workstation. NOT GAMING AT ALL Whats best? Asus Motherboards 1 December 30th 06 09:27 PM
! I Want to Build a Video Workstation. NOT GAMING AT ALL Whats best? Asus Motherboards 2 December 29th 06 12:37 PM
Asus A8N SLi premium build - bad video [email protected] Asus Motherboards 2 March 14th 06 03:08 AM
Build Day Blues, no beeps no video legion Homebuilt PC's 5 November 9th 04 10:25 PM