nTune and SLI 8800 GTX

Old December 2nd 06, 02:16 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Reggie Hillier

Default nTune and SLI 8800 GTX

I am running 8800 GTXs in SLi and I have nTune installed.
I go to the gpu settings section and check manually set clock
settings, the factory default settings tab stays checked and you can't
change the timings. Is this a problem with the program and SLI or
with the 8800 series cards ? Thanks !

Old December 2nd 06, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
nospam

"Reggie Hillier" wrote:

I am running 8800 GTXs in SLi and I have nTune installed.
I go to the gpu settings section and check manually set clock
settings, the factory default settings tab stays checked and you can't
change the timings. Is this a problem with the program and SLI or
with the 8800 series cards ? Thanks !

It is a problem with nTune being crap (and 8800 drivers which force you to
use nTune).

Old December 2nd 06, 10:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Reggie Hillier wrote:
I am running 8800 GTXs in SLi and I have nTune installed.
I go to the gpu settings section and check manually set clock
settings, the factory default settings tab stays checked and you can't
change the timings. Is this a problem with the program and SLI or
with the 8800 series cards ? Thanks !

You need the latest version of nTune (it's the current one on nvidia's
website) to OC the 8800GTX, you also need the latest version of the
forceware suite to run concurrently with nTune. Yes, they are both crap
programs regrettably.

Even with relatively recent releases of both ntune and the embedded new
nvidia control panel, unless you have past a certain version, they will
not work with the 8800GTX.

I'd look it up for you, but you can afford 2 8800GTX's, so pay someone
to look it up for you Mr.Moneybags.

Old December 3rd 06, 02:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Reggie Hillier

I can't afford two 8800 GTX.
I am taking one back tomorrow. I just wanted to try them out in SLI.
I do have the latest drivers and the latest nTune but still a no go.
I actually loaded ATI tolls and that works. I can overclock with it.
Go figure....I have to use an ATI program to overclock my Nvidia cards !

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..