Nehalem also has a TLB bug

Old December 12th 08, 01:23 PM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
chrisv

Default Nehalem also has a TLB bug

Peter BP wrote:

I'm more and more happy with my Core processors for evey day that
passes, and so far I see no reason to upgrade to Core i7.

My stationary PC has a 775 socket and it'll socket a Core 2 Quad nicely
once I find such an investment useful (I have a 2.66 Duo 2 today).

I'm another happy C2D customer. I've been overclocking my E6400 (from
2.13GHz) to 2.66GHz for almost 2 1/2 years now, with not a hiccup.

Old December 18th 08, 02:04 AM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Lee Waun

"chrisv" wrote in message
Peter BP wrote:

I'm more and more happy with my Core processors for evey day that
passes, and so far I see no reason to upgrade to Core i7.

My stationary PC has a 775 socket and it'll socket a Core 2 Quad nicely
once I find such an investment useful (I have a 2.66 Duo 2 today).

I'm another happy C2D customer. I've been overclocking my E6400 (from
2.13GHz) to 2.66GHz for almost 2 1/2 years now, with not a hiccup.

I too am a happy Core 2 Dual owner. My E6550 has handled any task I have
wanted it to do and the desire to upgrade anything is NIL.

Old December 24th 08, 12:02 PM posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Peter BP

Lee Waun wrote:

"chrisv" wrote in message
Peter BP wrote:

I'm more and more happy with my Core processors for evey day that
passes, and so far I see no reason to upgrade to Core i7.

My stationary PC has a 775 socket and it'll socket a Core 2 Quad nicely
once I find such an investment useful (I have a 2.66 Duo 2 today).

I'm another happy C2D customer. I've been overclocking my E6400 (from
2.13GHz) to 2.66GHz for almost 2 1/2 years now, with not a hiccup.

I too am a happy Core 2 Dual owner. My E6550 has handled any task I have
wanted it to do and the desire to upgrade anything is NIL.

I may upgrade my present C2D to a Quad once the prices plunge after new
year, in part due to the new Core i7's entering the market en masse,
plus due to the huge unsold equipment stores that seem to be in the It
business. iSuppli claimed that the warehouse value of computer equpment
quadrupled from Q3 to Q4 2008.

A merry yuletide to you all!

--
"Another difference between Milton and myself is that everything
reminds Milton of the money supply. Well, everything reminds me of