Ebuyer

Old December 30th 05, 11:59 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Ebuyer

I have just had dealings with Ebuyer and to say the least I would not
under any circumstances reccommend them when things go wrong they are
unhelpfull they promise the earth and give nothing.

Old December 30th 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

oh how so very true

Old January 21st 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

John Perry wrote:
On 30 Dec 2005 03:59:47 -0800, wrote:

I have just had dealings with Ebuyer and to say the least I would not
under any circumstances reccommend them when things go wrong they are
unhelpfull they promise the earth and give nothing.

Why? I have placed many of my orders with eBuyer and have one
scheduled for delivery on Tuesday. They are about the cheapest around
and stick to their delivery dates. Also, their ordering process is
very easy and they have a good product range.

In the years I have dealt with them, I have only had to return a few
parts, and yes, the replacement/refund process is slower than I would
like, but I accept that. The choice is pay higher prices for a gold
plated service that I don't need or cheap prices for a lesser service.
Since most kit these days arrives fault free, I'd rather save my
money.

I have returned to buying off them again - they seem to have got over
their supply problems of the last year. When things were really bad -
with orders arriving very late or not being sent out at all. I still
allow a week or two between the advertised delivery date and when I
schedule the kit for installation - whereas once it was next day.

Particularly unsatisfactory was the reaction of "customer service", but
about par for the company. And their "technical department" is about as
much use as a chocolate fireguard.

I only buy things from them sourced from OEMs/manufacturers that I know
have a good returns system and that will accept warranty claims other
than via the retailer. I then bypass Ebuyer and go direct, in the rare
event that something is faulty.

However, I do buy from them. They are cheap, if not usually cheerful. As
mentioned, getting something that needs to go back is pretty rare.

--
Sue

Old January 21st 06, 01:09 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when John Perry
opened his gob and said:

The choice is pay higher prices for a gold
plated service that I don't need or cheap prices for a lesser service.
Since most kit these days arrives fault free, I'd rather save my
money.

I take the opposite view, and I have to say that the prices for a
'gold plated' service are not *THAT* more expensive than a 'sod you'
company. One company I use even replies to emails (of all types) over
the w/e and in the evenings and their prices are the same as others in
their market.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old January 21st 06, 01:19 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

opened his gob and said:

The choice is pay higher prices for a gold
plated service that I don't need or cheap prices for a lesser service.
Since most kit these days arrives fault free, I'd rather save my
money.

I take the opposite view, and I have to say that the prices for a
'gold plated' service are not *THAT* more expensive than a 'sod you'
company. One company I use even replies to emails (of all types) over
the w/e and in the evenings and their prices are the same as others in
their market.

Which company is that?
--
John Perry

http://www.redoak.co.uk
http://www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old January 21st 06, 01:42 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

opened his gob and said:

The choice is pay higher prices for a gold
plated service that I don't need or cheap prices for a lesser service.
Since most kit these days arrives fault free, I'd rather save my
money.

I take the opposite view, and I have to say that the prices for a
'gold plated' service are not *THAT* more expensive than a 'sod you'
company. One company I use even replies to emails (of all types) over
the w/e and in the evenings and their prices are the same as others in
their market.

Hello.
I'm interested, but not telepathic.
Can you name that company, please?

Sylvain.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old January 21st 06, 03:15 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when John Perry
opened his gob and said:

Which company is that?

www.svp.co.uk Whatever they sell I only buy from them.

And yes, I have had problems in the past (not many) and they have been
sorted quickly and without argument.

--
Cheers,

Guy