How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 8th 17, 04:54 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Paul[_28_]

Default How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

micky wrote:
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Tue, 07 Mar 2017 17:14:31 -0500, micky
wrote:

Is there a command line that would print one picture from my files using
an Epson printer?
a Brother printer?

I should have thought of this earlier, but I need something to keep the
ink jet printers from drying out while I'm gone. Isn't 11 weeks enough
time to do that?

I thought I'd make a bat file that would run once a month that would
print, I guess, the same photo each time, but it's only 2 copies.

TIA

Well, I found something for brother that probably applies to Epson too!

Linux Informations
Print command (LPR)
Print Command :
lpr -P (printer name) (filename)

Configuration Command :
brprintconf_(model name) [Option]

http://support.brother.com/g/s/id/li...ions_lpr11.pdf
but I don't think I need any of these options.

However when I try this in a bat file, it says: Unknown command: LPR

I found something called LPR.exe in the side by side directory, but it
says it won't run on a 64-bit computer. I don't think this is the right
thing anyhow.

LPR originated on Unix. You would expect a port to Linux.
I don't know what you'd expect on the Windows side. Windows
made an attempt at adding non-Windows support, but efforts
like this would take all day to research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_P...aemon_protocol

On Win10, the closest you might get to that kind of (Linux)
executable is if you have the Bash shell installed. and you
never know with Bash, how many subsystems are actually wired
up to work. Linux users talk more about CUPS than about lpr today.

This is one of those "it's too late to be writing this script"
situations. The older you get, the more you respect the time
margins required.

It's like designing a house alarm system, 20 minutes before
you hop on the cruise liner. Not gonna happen :-) I would
prefer to remember to take out the trash, than fool with
techie stuff before a departure.

Paul