Monitor is Killing me and my Career!

Old December 29th 04, 12:26 AM
MacaBeat

Default Monitor is Killing me and my Career!

I can't stand to look at my monitor. It kills my eyes. It is a Dell Flat
Panel 18 inch.

I never had this problem with my big old monitor.

I've been to the eye doctor and got glasses.

Still I hate the monitor just as bad.

I have this sucker running off my laptop.

Question: Could it be the graphics card in the laptop, or is it certainly
the monitor??

What the heck can I do?

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh

Old January 13th 05, 08:40 AM
Curious George

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:26:26 -0700, "MacaBeat"
wrote:

I can't stand to look at my monitor. It kills my eyes. It is a Dell Flat
Panel 18 inch.

I never had this problem with my big old monitor.

I've been to the eye doctor and got glasses.

Still I hate the monitor just as bad.

I have this sucker running off my laptop.

Question: Could it be the graphics card in the laptop, or is it certainly
the monitor??

What the heck can I do?

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh

1. buy a different monitor

2. look into Visual Retraining therapy

You could try a different refresh rate, resolution, or adjusting the
monitor focus (if available) but it might not help (esp if you are
already using the native resolution). Once in a while I see flat
panels that are disturbing to look at and impossible to fully adjust
the problem away. I doubt its the video card but the only way to rule
it out is to connect a different flat panel to it and see if it's the
same or any better. For someone who is very sensitive the small
clarity difference of a matrox card, high quality bnc cable, or dvi
interface can make a difference. Make sure you only use video cable
of the shortest possible length and with ferrite core for noise.

Also if you are more sensitive to minor display issues than other ppl
you know, there might be something going on with your eyes or visual
center. If you have had an injury in the past, for example, therapy
might help. Your "eye doctor" might not be equipped to diagnose this
properly & you might not be getting an optimal Rx. Most MD's & OD's
have a very crude understand of visual function.

Just some thoughts.