SCAMMED by DELL

Old January 2nd 04, 08:33 PM
Steph

Default SCAMMED by DELL

Made the mistake of ordering a 21" Planar monitor from Dell's site a few
weeks ago... Order states, "InProduction" and was to ship two weeks ago
from vendor stock. They continue to re-auth. the VISA charge every 5 days,
yet absolutely refuse to cancel the order after 7 email and 10 phone
requests to cancel.

Making matters worse, when I do get through to India or Panama CS reps, they
offer to cancel, yet when I call back they state that there are "no notes on
my screen pertaining to any request from you" I've got a pc and no monitor,
fabulous...

There should be a support group for those hosed by Dell service.

Steph

Old January 2nd 04, 08:57 PM
PC-Gladiator

Call them to get a RMA and return your system if it is within the 30 day
period. It might get their attention. And realistically, you haven't been
able to evaluate the system without the monitor. I'd call ASAP. Might
start sending email to document your trail too.

gy.com...

Old January 2nd 04, 08:59 PM
Steph

Thanks for the advice, PC. I attempted to do just that, and was told today
there was nothing I could do to cancel the system while "In Production" --
of course, the reps I've spoken to in the past, Uma, Daniel, Rachel, and
Love have all stated they would cancel the order, yet it's all placating BS.
I even referenced an email from "Sheena" stating that the order can be
cancelled, yet it's akin to battling windmills here -- I was told flat-out
today but the Dell US Sales rep. that since it's in production I have to
wait until the status changes, unreal.

I wouldn't believe this treatment is possible, had I not experienced it
first-hand.

OMG, never again...

Steph

"PC-Gladiator" wrote in message
Call them to get a RMA and return your system if it is within the 30 day
period. It might get their attention. And realistically, you haven't

been
able to evaluate the system without the monitor. I'd call ASAP. Might
start sending email to document your trail too.

gy.com...

Old January 2nd 04, 09:19 PM
Lawrence Glasser

Steph wrote:

Made the mistake of ordering a 21" Planar monitor from Dell's site a few
weeks ago... Order states, "InProduction" and was to ship two weeks ago
from vendor stock. They continue to re-auth. the VISA charge every 5 days,
yet absolutely refuse to cancel the order after 7 email and 10 phone
requests to cancel.

Making matters worse, when I do get through to India or Panama CS reps, they
offer to cancel, yet when I call back they state that there are "no notes on
my screen pertaining to any request from you" I've got a pc and no monitor,
fabulous...

There should be a support group for those hosed by Dell service.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, dispute the charges.

Larry
Old January 2nd 04, 09:22 PM
Steph

"Lawrence Glasser" wrote in message
Steph wrote:

Made the mistake of ordering a 21" Planar monitor from Dell's site a few
weeks ago... Order states, "InProduction" and was to ship two weeks ago
from vendor stock. They continue to re-auth. the VISA charge every 5

days,
yet absolutely refuse to cancel the order after 7 email and 10 phone
requests to cancel.

Making matters worse, when I do get through to India or Panama CS reps,

they
offer to cancel, yet when I call back they state that there are "no

notes on
my screen pertaining to any request from you" I've got a pc and no

monitor,
fabulous...

There should be a support group for those hosed by Dell service.

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, dispute the charges.

Larry

Right, would do that, but they simply re-auth. the charge every five days --
it hasn't showed on the statement, just a repeated VISA auth.

Steph

Old January 2nd 04, 09:38 PM
PC-Gladiator

Call your credit card company and ask that they deny the re-auth. No
payment no system!

gy.com...

Old January 2nd 04, 09:45 PM
Lawrence Glasser

Steph wrote:

[...]

Credit card companies won't dispute charges until the charges actually go
through.

Until then, at least with respect to a credit card dispute, you may be SOL.

Sorry.

Larry
Old January 2nd 04, 10:32 PM
WSZsr

Someone is feeding you a line. The Planar is not manufactured by Dell. It
is not wharehoused by Dell. It is one of thousands of accessories that Dell
sells. It is easy to cancel. Just call customer service and ask to speak to
a supervisor ASAP. Be polite but firm.

gy.com...

Old January 2nd 04, 10:36 PM
Steph

No, I realize Dell doesn't mfr. the Planar, they're made by Planar I've
finally got some head-way and was told a moment ago that they will cancel
the order if not shipped in the next 48 hours -- to be certain there is not
a lag between fulfillment and update. Time will tell.

Steph

"WSZsr" wrote in message
Someone is feeding you a line. The Planar is not manufactured by Dell.

It
is not wharehoused by Dell. It is one of thousands of accessories that

Dell
sells. It is easy to cancel. Just call customer service and ask to speak

a supervisor ASAP. Be polite but firm.

gy.com...