Need Acer Windows 7 video driver...

Old September 9th 09, 05:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
Paul H

Default Need Acer Windows 7 video driver...

I have Windows 7 running on my Acer Travelmate 2203LCI laptop. It runs
fine. But I need a Windows 7 video driver. The Microsoft generic driver
hurts performance and prevents the external monitor from being available as
an extended monitor. Acer support ignores my pleas. I wonder who makes the
hardware in the laptop and will they provide what I need. TIA, Paul

Old September 10th 09, 09:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
Thomas Wendell

As it has an ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP as the graphics controller, I'd go
to ATI and look for frivers there (some of the Catalyst series..)

--
Thomas Wendell
Helsinki, Finland

"Paul H" kirjoitti
k.net...

Old September 10th 09, 01:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
BillW50

"Paul H" kirjoitti
k.net...
I have Windows 7 running on my Acer Travelmate 2203LCI laptop. It
runs fine. But I need a Windows 7 video driver. The Microsoft
generic driver hurts performance and prevents the external monitor
from being available as an extended monitor. Acer support ignores
my pleas. I wonder who makes the hardware in the laptop and will
they provide what I need. TIA, Paul

In ,
Thomas Wendell typed on Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:13:20 +0300:
As it has an ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP as the graphics controller,
I'd go to ATI and look for frivers there (some of the Catalyst
series..)

Don't feel bad. Intel 915 has the same problem on some machines with
Windows 7. Rumor is Intel doesn't release drivers for Windows versions
not officially released yet. Maybe ATI works the same way. And we are
going to have to wait until October 22nd.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

Old September 17th 09, 10:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
Victor

On Sep 10, 8:50*am, "BillW50" wrote:
"Paul H" kirjoitti
k.net...

,
Thomas Wendell typed on Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:13:20 +0300:

As it has an ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9000 IGP as the graphics controller,
I'd go to ATI and look for frivers there (some of the Catalyst
series..)

Don't feel bad. Intel 915 has the same problem on some machines with
Windows 7. Rumor is Intel doesn't release drivers for Windows versions
not officially released yet. Maybe ATI works the same way. And we are
going to have to wait until October 22nd.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

Intel 915 does not support the aero interface and will not work with
Win7 or Vista.Here's a video straight from Intel explaining why.Also
lots of complaints from 915 users who bought "Vista Ready laptops".

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blog...ver-for-vista/
Old September 17th 09, 11:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
Mike S.

In article ,
Victor wrote:
[...]

Updated XP mode drivers that work with Windows 7 are available from Windows
Update Catalog. The performance is basic at best, and as pointed out Aero
is not supported - but you do get out of VGA mode and have the Intel
Graphics Accelerator installed and working. The download comes as a .CAB
file that you have to unpack, and then use the "have disc" trick to point
to the .INF file (after numerous complaints from Windows driver
installer).

Old September 18th 09, 01:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,comp.sys.laptops
Barry Watzman

"Intel 915 does not support the aero interface and will not work
with Win7 or Vista"

Those are two separate and distinct statements. The first statement
(does not support Aero) is true; the second statement ("will not work
with ....) is DEFINITELY false as regards Vista (it works fine, but you
can't use Aero), and, as far as I know, with respect to Windows 7.