password reset pv34x

Old May 6th 04, 02:53 AM
Mike Bennett

Default password reset pv34x

Hi I'm having trouble resetting the supervisor password on a p3v4x
motherboard. I have followed the instruction in the manual by taking out
the button battery, shorting the two terminals as per the manual then
restarting the PC. I know he bios clears because the CPU speed changed
but after post test for going into bios setup it still asks for the
password. Anyone have any ideas?
--
Regards,

Mike Bennett
www.mbrocketry.com

Old May 6th 04, 06:46 AM
BigJim

did you unplug the system
if you did try typing in a password of your choice and see if that works

Old May 6th 04, 11:37 AM
Mike Bennett

Yes, I unplugged the power cord and even the power supply in case there
was some capacitor holding a charge keeping the bios memory alive and
letting it sit overnight. I also tried typing anything in the password,
and even just hitting enter. Still no luck. Any other ideas?

Old May 6th 04, 03:57 PM
rstlne

try these if it is a Award bios..

AWARD_SW
j262
HLT
SER
SKY_FOX
BIOSTAR
ALFAROME
Lkwpeter
j256
AWARD?SW
LKWPETER
syxz
ALLy
589589
589721
awkward
CONCAT
d8on
CONDO
j64
szyx

I couldnt find a great list (sorry) I know there are a few out there but I
dont know where ;(

Old May 7th 04, 08:44 AM
BigJim

I don't know if this would work but as a last effort you might try flashing
the bios.
I have used many p3v4x boards and never had the problem.
Matter of fact still running one on a backup system. good luck

Old May 7th 04, 11:50 AM
Mike Bennett

Hey BigJim, I would have tried that too, but the password is the
supervisor password. In other words, it won't even read the hard drive
or floppy first. You have to enter the password in order to do anything.
Otherwise I could re-flash or run password crackers. Any other ideas?

Old May 7th 04, 01:38 PM
Homer

Try unplugging the power but leave the battery in, then reset with the
jumper, leave the jumper over the pin for 30 seconds then return the jumper
to the regular position and plug it back in and power it up.

Homer

Old May 8th 04, 01:03 AM
Homer

Your welcome.

Homer

[...]

notebook acer Aspire 1350 need reset bios password !! AjeeB General 3 February 11th 05 04:53 AM
Can't set CMOS password Shep© General 2 January 1st 05 02:59 AM
BIOS Password [email protected] General 4 December 23rd 04 01:41 PM
AST Advantage BIOS password David Murphy General 1 August 15th 04 10:13 PM
Case Reset Button Woes rcm General 5 July 25th 03 06:02 PM