ATI Remote Wonder

Old May 11th 04, 03:43 AM
New Question

Default ATI Remote Wonder

We installed ATI Remote Wonder for the 7500 AiW on a Windows 2000 system.
The Remote Wonder works perfectly under one account, but when another
account is used the icon doesn't show up on the system tray. The Remote
Wonder shortcuts are not in any STARTUP folders.

How do we make the Remote Wonder work for any user that uses a certain
computer? Placing the Remote Wonder shortcut in the proper STARTUP folder
failed.

Old May 11th 04, 08:45 AM
patrickp

On Mon, 10 May 2004 22:43:43 -0400, "New Question" wrote:

We installed ATI Remote Wonder for the 7500 AiW on a Windows 2000 system.
The Remote Wonder works perfectly under one account, but when another
account is used the icon doesn't show up on the system tray. The Remote
Wonder shortcuts are not in any STARTUP folders.

How do we make the Remote Wonder work for any user that uses a certain
computer? Placing the Remote Wonder shortcut in the proper STARTUP folder
failed.

You need to install your Remote Wonder under an account with
administrative rights, I think, nq. I'm still getting to grips with
W2K myself.

I've also never used a Remote Wonder, so I'm not familiar with the
software, but it's more usual for software to be started at boot by
entries in the various Run keys of your registry rather than by
shortcuts in a startup folder. All Ati's other software starts in
this way. If you think it is started by a shortcut in a startup
folder, check the folder for the account you installed it in.
However, if you're not working in an account with administrative
rights, you won't be able to make changes in other accounts.

patrickp

- take five to email me
Old May 11th 04, 12:48 PM
Stoneskin

New Question left a note on my windscreen which said:

We installed ATI Remote Wonder for the 7500 AiW on a Windows 2000 system.
The Remote Wonder works perfectly under one account, but when another
account is used the icon doesn't show up on the system tray. The Remote
Wonder shortcuts are not in any STARTUP folders.

How do we make the Remote Wonder work for any user that uses a certain
computer? Placing the Remote Wonder shortcut in the proper STARTUP folder
failed.

2K and XP use two different START menus (user and all users) which are
combined into one you see on screen.

The USER start menus is at C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Start
Menu

The ALL USERS start menu is at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
Menu

(At least they are on this XP machine)

Each menu has it's own startup folder too - make sure you copy the
shortcuts into the ALL USERS menu - you'll have to do this via Explorer.
HTH.
--
Stoneskin

[Insert sig text here]
Old May 11th 04, 07:14 PM
New Question

We fixed the problem by making changes in the Windows registry's RUN folder.

PC remote control? Christo General 0 December 17th 04 02:02 PM
Remote Wonder doesn't work in tower, but ok in laptop Ron Ati Videocards 1 December 23rd 03 03:38 AM
Does anyone use WinXP's Remote Desktop? (w/ ATI card) Bill Ati Videocards 3 October 31st 03 03:06 AM
ATI Catalyst Bug: XP Remote Desktop Cursor Keys Spong Ati Videocards 6 September 28th 03 11:16 AM
ATI Remote Wonder vs MSI FX5200 Remote Harry Muscle Ati Videocards 2 August 31st 03 11:18 PM