Internet explorer won't update home page

Old June 24th 03, 03:59 AM
Bob Pownall

Default Internet explorer won't update home page

This probably doesn't apply to your situation but it's a problem I've
run into, so I'll throw it out to get some discussion started.

I ran into a similar problem with pulling up old web pages on IE on my
PC at work, despite clearing the cache and temporary files and setting
options to check for updated web pages on every visit, just as you did.

Turned out that I was getting the pages from a site cache. IE wasn't
going out to get the "real" new page until I hit the "Refresh" button.

"The System" was configured to work that way, so there wasn't much I
could do except learn to deal with it.

As I said, probably not what's going on in your case but hopefully it
will spark some discussion.

Bob Pownall

StephenP wrote:

Internet Explorer ver 6.0 on my laptop won't give me the most current home
page when it starts up or when I hit the home button. It gives me a page
from 2 weeks ago. I've deleted history and temporary pages, but somehow it
still finds the old page. I've set the options to check for updated pages
every visit, but no good. Any ideas?

Old June 24th 03, 04:56 PM
StephenP

Sounds like it exactly. I can refresh and get the new page, but it pulls the
old page at startup. There must be a cache that they aren't telling us
about.