Antec 120mm case fan (Smartcool - thermally controlled). Not spinning fast enough. Need manual override

Old January 13th 05, 01:22 PM
Darren

Default Antec 120mm case fan (Smartcool - thermally controlled). Not spinning fast enough. Need manual override

Hi

I need to vent some more of that nasty hot air out of the PC.

My Antec120mm is quiet but only spins at about 1350 RPM max and and I need
it to spin up around it's max of somewhere around 1900+.

It has a thermal sensor. Can I replace/extend that without too much bother?
OR
I have a manual fan controller in my CoolerMaster Cooldrive 4 that I could
regulate the RPM's with.
Two possible problems with that scenario though:

1. I read the Antec 120mm instructions some time ago and it strongly advised
against mobo fan control such as q-fan.
2. The Cooldrive if I recall, can handle up to 18w of fans connected. It
comes with a 40mm which should only be up to a couple of watts. Antec don't
seem to tell us an accurate wattage for the fan. Should only be a max of 8
watts perhaps? I don't want to blow the Cooldrive up as I only just bought
it.

Fingers crossed...

Thanks

Darren

Looking for a PC case 1 rear 120mm and one Front bottom 120mm fan any recomendations ? We Live For The One We Die For The One Homebuilt PC's 2 May 18th 04 05:57 AM
Need help installing Asus MB in Antec case. ftran999 Homebuilt PC's 3 May 13th 04 12:05 AM
making an antec 1080 case quieter Matt Garman Homebuilt PC's 2 November 27th 03 12:09 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan Homebuilt PC's 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM